Cards Need to Bring in a Day Care Expert

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This is certainly the most immature NFL team I’ve encountered. What a contrast to the Bucs’ team of the last couple of years. I guess that’s why Tampa is a serious contender for the big trophy. I can’t even imagine a coaching staff experienced enough to keep these guys focused on the prize. Real Hard Knocks, not just a TV show of that name, seems to be what this squad needs. One thing for sure, Brown learned nothing from Gladney’s death.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I just don't agree with this at all.

What's happened under Kliff? A couple of speeding arrests in 3 years?

BA had FAR more in his first few years. Multiple DUI's, evading police, and DV.
It's not just the arrests. If you came away from last year thinking this was a mature leadership group, I don't know what to tell you. Whenever the going gets tough, or the stakes actually mattered, this group went right on their back, bellies exposed.

If you don't think that's an infection of attitude throughout the facility, I don't know what to tell you.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Its all Kliff's fault. He should keep his grown a$$ players in check instead of jetsetting around and vacationing with his little smokehouse IG model. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is certainly the most immature NFL team I’ve encountered. What a contrast to the Bucs’ team of the last couple of years.
Just from the FIRST PAGE of Googling Tampa Bay Buccaneers arrests, all in the last two years:

Buccaneers WR Jaydon Mickens Arrested on Felony Charge [carrying a loaded firearm in L.A.]

Tampa Bay Bucs player [WR Travis Jonsen] arrested for DUI after speeding, failing to stay in lane

Buccaneers' Jaydon Mickens Faces Two Charges From March Arrest [on gun charges]

... And this is above and beyond Antonio Brown's notbale demonstrations of "maturity" in Tampa Bay.

:shrug:

...dave

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just from the FIRST PAGE of Googling Tampa Bay Buccaneers arrests, all in the last two years:

Buccaneers WR Jaydon Mickens Arrested on Felony Charge [carrying a loaded firearm in L.A.]

Tampa Bay Bucs player [WR Travis Jonsen] arrested for DUI after speeding, failing to stay in lane

Buccaneers' Jaydon Mickens Faces Two Charges From March Arrest [on gun charges]

... And this is above and beyond Antonio Brown's notbale demonstrations of "maturity" in Tampa Bay.

:shrug:

...dave
So . . . 2 things from players I’ve never heard of . . .

Reaction score
It's not just the arrests. If you came away from last year thinking this was a mature leadership group, I don't know what to tell you. Whenever the going gets tough, or the stakes actually mattered, this group went right on their back, bellies exposed.

If you don't think that's an infection of attitude throughout the facility, I don't know what to tell you.
Like when Kyler was out & they won 2 of 3 games with Colt? They really went right on their back then. :shrug:

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
dont give this attention.... irrelevant drivel and not part of Harry's typical value adding

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Hell...if Michael wants to offer me one of those nfl style salaries...I will come in and play surrogate daddy for the team.
fellas can even call me Pop like my boys do.

with modern salaries that position has to at least start around 600k right?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just don't agree with this at all.

What's happened under Kliff? A couple of speeding arrests in 3 years?

BA had FAR more in his first few years. Multiple DUI's, evading police, and DV.
Please stop confusing us with facts. They just get in the way. :)

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hell...if Michael wants to offer me one of those nfl style salaries...I will come in and play surrogate daddy for the team.
fellas can even call me Pop like my boys do.

with modern salaries that position has to at least start around 600k right?
Heck, I would take less than 600k, lol. My wife tells me all the time, I am such a dad to every child. Why not Mr. Bidwill, I am qualified.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
dont give this attention.... irrelevant drivel and not part of Harry's typical value adding
Sorry but I stand by this comment. Yes you can sight Bucs issues with minor players and maybe it’s a weak comparison. Let’s look at a few issues. Biggest offseason free agent acquisition kills himself and date driving recklessly. The teams acquisition for their round 1 pick doesn’t just drive carelessly. He exceeds 120 mph. This is not only a sign of disregard for himself but people around him. How many innocent people have been killed by reckless drivers? The teams default leader worries the team enough to put a study clause in his contract, which they then withdraw. How many withdrawn contract clauses have you seen. Previously he deletes the team from his social media. With the O-line scaring people, the “leader“ can‘t decide if he even wants to play and skips practice. While I can relate to mulling retirement, the timing and subsequent confusion left much to be desired. The Cards almost alter their draft and waste time assessing other center options. Show me a team with this many key player issues. There are a few contract issues but those are common. The Cards issues are unusual. Quality teams usually thrive on leadership maturity. So many things have to come together to win big, distractions have derailed as many teams as talent.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry but I stand by this comment. Yes you can sight Bucs issues with minor players and maybe it’s a weak comparison. Let’s look at a few issues. Biggest offseason free agent acquisition kills himself and date driving recklessly. The teams acquisition for their round 1 pick doesn’t just drive carelessly. He exceeds 120 mph. This is not only a sign of disregard for himself but people around him. How many innocent people have been killed by reckless drivers? The teams default leader worries the team enough to put a study clause in his contract, which they then withdraw. How many withdrawn contract clauses have you seen. Previously he deletes the team from his social media. With the O-line scaring people, the “leader“ can‘t decide if he even wants to play and skips practice. While I can relate to mulling retirement, the timing and subsequent confusion left much to be desired. The Cards almost alter their draft and waste time assessing other center options. Show me a team with this many key player issues. There are a few contract issues but those are common. The Cards issues are unusual. Quality teams usually thrive on leadership maturity. So many things have to come together to win big, distractions have derailed as many teams as talent.

Come on Harry. Your first post says the team needs a daycare expert, as if there is a team discipline issue and then this one includes a bunch of stuff that's not discipline related or even player related.

All teams have these kinds of off seasons at one point or another. The '13, '14 and '15 winning teams under BA had far more off field issues.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is certainly the most immature NFL team I’ve encountered. What a contrast to the Bucs’ team of the last couple of years. I guess that’s why Tampa is a serious contender for the big trophy. I can’t even imagine a coaching staff experienced enough to keep these guys focused on the prize. Real Hard Knocks, not just a TV show of that name, seems to be what this squad needs. One thing for sure, Brown learned nothing from Gladney’s death.
A couple points on this.

Tough to have a zero tolerance policy when your GM was kept after he had an embarrassing DUI situation.

Not too many repeat offenders on the roster which supports a culture where you get a strike.

Some of this comes with transitioning to younger star players. Chandler Jones was great in AZ but had some issues in New England. Hopkins knows better. Fitz had his issue when he was younger. That doesn't excuse it but it does happen.

Also, roster turnover like the Cardinals consistently have also contributes to this. One reason I advocate for keeping guys like Humphries, Baker, Jalen, etc.

Finally, Kyler's leadership (reported lack of) contributes as well. When you have QB who is not an engaging personality players feel less like they are letting a friend down when they screw up. Kyler still has a ways to go in this to match the level of attachment that players feel for Brady, Warner, Palmer, Manning, Brees, Stafford, and so on. Maybe this doesn't really apply as Kyler is reportedly very good friends with Brown and Brown did this.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I will say this, when those Michael Irvin Cowboys won all those championships, they were a lot worse than the Cardinals now, but they never got caught or rather the law enforcement in Dallas let them slide. Sorry, all teams have this problem, except a lot of it is kept under wraps. I do not want to call these guys stupid, as some kind of lasting label, but rather a lot of young immature guys playing a violent sport who all of a sudden just got out of this world money... and for the record, in the real world we call thirty young :)

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I will say this, when those Michael Irvin Cowboys won all those championships, they were a lot worse than the Cardinals now, but they never got caught or rather the law enforcement in Dallas let them slide. Sorry, all teams have this problem, except a lot of it is kept under wraps. I do not want to call these guys stupid, as some kind of lasting label, but rather a lot of young immature guys playing a violent sport who all of a sudden just got out of this world money... and for the record, in the real world we call thirty young :)
C,mon call em stupid you know you want to