Cards hopeful WR Brown isn't out long with hamstring injury

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had the same hamstring issue last year in training camp for the Ravens & didn't miss the season opener. He'll be fine.

Yeah I mean I don't think he has any history of missing games with leg injuries. Some of the smaller speed guys do but I don't think he has. Turns out he had a lisfranc injury in college but that seems to be it.

Also I found it promising that Kliff was so positive about his speed. I mean Rondale isn't exactly slow, and Kirk while not a burner was quite effective downfield, and obviously Andy can.. who am I kidding. But the fact that Kliff called him out for being so fast tells you he's excited. He didn't run at the combine was still rehabbing from the Lis franc but that's why you can't compare his 40 time to Kirk or Rondale, he didn't run at combine. Ravens said they have recorded him at 4.22 but it wasn't standardized at the combine. Rondale did 4.29 at his combine and Kirk 4.47 so you can see Hollywood is a speed upgrade from Kirk.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Six defenders in the box is literally one less than is in a base defense (seven).
Not really sure what you're saying in response to what I said? My whole point is that play action (from under center, not shotgun) plus a running game in 12 personnel is what I would love to see more of. KK said he wants this year's offense to be unpredictable & disguised more. This is the perfect way to do just that imo.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KK said either today or yesterday that Brown would be back sooner rather than later. Not sure if he missed any games or not with the Ravens last season but it couldn't have been many. He ended up with over 1000 yards receiving in an offense that runs the ball & throws more to the TE.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
He should be back in a week. Precaution more than likely. Shouldn't happen but sometimes will. Another "homework " lesson.