Cards hopeful WR Brown isn't out long with hamstring injury

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m hoping he and Kyler have the chemistry the team media keeps touting because if the team wants any chance of this not being a season long issue, I’d advocate sitting him as long as they possibly can.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping he and Kyler have the chemistry the team media keeps touting because if the team wants any chance of this not being a season long issue, I’d advocate sitting him as long as they possibly can.
Chemistry is attained on the field. They haven’t played together in years. Chemistry on the Xbox isn’t the same thing.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good thing AJ Green is his backup. And when AJ Green goes down, Isabella is gonna show the league that he's for real.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They train together last few years, so it's not like it's starting over.
Ehhh it’s not running Kliffs timed offense/plays. Sure it’s good but not the same. Now the amount of reps like playing together on same team. Bottom line is we need him healthy.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff doesn’t run a timing offense
My hope other than Brown getting healthy as far as the offensive side of the ball is this. Run more 12 personnel sets with Kyler under center, especially the first 6 games. KK has said they wanna be unpredictable, ok then, this is the perfect way to do it. We have a rookie TE that's hyped up as being really good & Ertz. Run the ball, use play action so the defense doesn't know if it's run or pass? Eventually the safeties will start cheating up for the run & TE routes, then take some deep shots for RM & Brown. Opposing LB's know there's only so many ways a RB or Kyler can go from shotgun so it makes it easier to defend.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My hope other than Brown getting healthy as far as the offensive side of the ball is this. Run more 12 personnel sets with Kyler under center, especially the first 6 games. KK has said they wanna be unpredictable, ok then, this is the perfect way to do it. We have a rookie TE that's hyped up as being really good & Ertz. Run the ball, use play action so the defense doesn't know if it's run or pass? Eventually the safeties will start cheating up for the run & TE routes, then take some deep shots for RM & Brown. Opposing LB's know there's only so many ways a RB or Kyler can go from shotgun so it makes it easier to defend.
We ran play-action pretty frequently last season.

People don’t care because Conner isn’t a very effective runner. There were six defenders in the box on that 4th and short play against the Rams in game 2.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW they put him on a non football injury list today but said they don't seem too concerned. Kliff is raving about him so far said he's well ahead of where you would expect because he knows the system and verbiage better than another guy would and that he and kyler know each other so well. Also raved about his speed said his speed is VERY apparent on the practice field you can see he's going to help.

Hopeful I don't think he has any history of leg problems.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They found while doing the physical which tells me is not that bad. Granted, hamstrings are probably the most tricky area for speed guys, so we need to be cautious. But I'm not overly concerned.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We ran play-action pretty frequently last season.

People don’t care because Conner isn’t a very effective runner. There were six defenders in the box on that 4th and short play against the Rams in game 2.
Play action from shotgun just isn't the same as from under center, it hardly freezes LB's at all. As far as the play against the Rams..........any defense is gonna be stacked like that on 4th & 2, regardless of who the RB is.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FWIW they put him on a non football injury list today but said they don't seem too concerned. Kliff is raving about him so far said he's well ahead of where you would expect because he knows the system and verbiage better than another guy would and that he and kyler know each other so well. Also raved about his speed said his speed is VERY apparent on the practice field you can see he's going to help.

Hopeful I don't think he has any history of leg problems.
He had the same hamstring issue last year in training camp for the Ravens & didn't miss the season opener. He'll be fine.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Play action from shotgun just isn't the same as from under center, it hardly freezes LB's at all. As far as the play against the Rams..........any defense is gonna be stacked like that on 4th & 2, regardless of who the RB is.
Six defenders in the box is literally one less than is in a base defense (seven).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose