Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
the fact that the team played yesterdays game with nothing on the line and coming within 1 second of winning while playing hard like it was a playoff game tells me they're buying in and that there's something to look forward to. Unlike the last few years that were mailed in at the end
This is kind of a smear.

Yes, we ended the 2024 season with a 38-13 beatdown by the 49ers, but the FIVE GAMES prior to that were decided by 1, 14, 9, 3 (OT), and 1 point, with a host of non-Kyler QBs running the show.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
CW. I'm not mad at you at all. There's no denying that despite the perceived schtick, the players are in tune with him. I have to tip my cap to that alone, and give you zero problem with your assessment. I'm not there yet, but I can finally say I do like him more than the day we hired him.

Understood and we'll see how he handles himself going forward! NFL = Not For Long!

Best to you and the fam, and hope you have a great 2024!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cardinals had a few large spreads to cover, amirite?

Yes. They were also underdogs in every one of their games. We were six-point 'dogs to Washington and 4.5-point home 'dogs to the Giants at the beginning of the year. 11.5-point home 'dogs to Dallas! LOL.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. They were also underdogs in every one of their games. We were six-point 'dogs to Washington and 4.5-point home 'dogs to the Giants at the beginning of the year. 11.5-point home 'dogs to Dallas! LOL.
Orange you glad the Cards were terrible enough not to win those games.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "non-negotiables" would include pre-snap penalties and post-whistle personal fouls. Gannon's first year showed improvement in that area, with the Cardinals flagged 33 times pre-snap, tied for the Rams for 21st in the NFL (First would be the most flags). That's compared to the 52 pre-snap penalties the Cardinals had in 2022, the most in the league.

That is a huge improvement as is pretty amazing considering that this team had a First Year HC, First Year DC, First Year OC and the majority of starters hadn't played together before. Oh and the starting QB had all of a week to learn the offense and get ready for the game opener.

Still would like to see the Cardinals improve on this though. Felt there were still too many penalties.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That is a huge improvement as is pretty amazing considering that this team had a First Year HC, First Year DC, First Year OC and the majority of starters hadn't played together before. Oh and the starting QB had all of a week to learn the offense and get ready for the game opener.

Still would like to see the Cardinals improve on this though. Felt there were still too many penalties.
The most damning thing about the KK era was the fact that they were still completely lost/undisciplined/heavily penalized after 4 years of the same offense, and much of the same personnel. Lots of guys looked around, pointing fingers, not ever on the same page.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most damning thing about the KK era was the fact that they were still completely lost/undisciplined/heavily penalized after 4 years of the same offense, and much of the same personnel. Lots of guys looked around, pointing fingers, not ever on the same page.
Yes, and defense was really much better, right?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KK wasn’t a leader of men.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Couldn't agree with this more. He ran around like an undisciplined child trying to get plays in, so why wouldn't his team take in that persona?
Agree!

I predict KK will eventually be a successful Texas HS football coach though! He'll also be good at teaching social studies!

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave