Cards bringing in 9 players

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
but we are bringing in players to find a punter and a long snapper, not to find a difference maker at other positions. I do feel we can absolutely find better punters and long snappers in the tryouts.
You're probably right about P and LS, but I wouldn't rule out another OG or OT - either of the street or via trade of a WR.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If we where looking for a QB or a pass rusher, I would say it does not have much merit... but a punter and a long snapper, this can be accomplished compared to what we have now :D

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
My initial post was that we won't find anything in the scap-heap of these 9 players and that trading Floyd would be a better option to find a player that could make a difference.

But Floyd according to his history with the team will make a big difference in a stretch of games and there is nobody we could trade for now which could even have that impact in my opinion

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Floyd's $7.5M salary would likely mean that the Cardinals would have to trade for a player with at least a $5M salary. That eliminates a lot of would-be trade partners.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
If we where looking for a QB or a pass rusher, I would say it does not have much merit... but a punter and a long snapper, this can be accomplished compared to what we have now :D

It's crazy for the Cardinals to expect their starting two edge rushers to play 95% of the defensive snaps. They need to trade for an edge rusher or somehow find one amongst wisher FAs are still available. Okafor is injured and is playing like it. He cannot and should not be counted on. Who is the 4th OLB---Alani Fua? Have we even seen him try to rush the edge the past two years?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our beat writers doesnt have any info about the try out players?
Ah ok, probably we can have it from another football team beat writer/reporter

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our 4th OLB is Kareem Martin, who's also been injured. He's do back any week now... I don't know if he'll make any difference, but he was playing decently in pre-season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The snap in the Pats game wasn't perfect, but it was not horrible either... Catman should've made the FG. As for yesterday, our Punting and the bad snap were definitely contributing factors. But focusing there only takes the focus away from the rest of the bigger reasons as to why we lost.

We lost because MF couldn't catch a cold yesterday let alone a pass & right now I wouldn't give up a 7th rounder for him. Jmho though. :)

Reaction score
You keep posting that and it keeps making the point that you are wrong. Catman clearly adjusts his stride because of the bad snap.

COULD he have made it? Sure.
SHOULD he have made it? Of course not. Like a golfer having to adjust mid-swing, not gonna work as intended.

After re-watching the video 82 posted it appears it didn't affect Cat as much as I originally thought. He never really started his stride until Butler had it placed. His knee moved slightly at the snap but that was it.

Reaction score
the 9 players trying out are for punter, long snapper and etc. We arent looking for starting skill position players off the street. Who are you trading floyd for?

Have the Cards come out & said this? As far as I know they haven't said who they brought in. Could be a running back for all we know. Although that would be crazy.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Believe it or not Julius was a soccer player in high school. His father was a professional soccer player. I knew his Dad Larry.

Hard to believe but Julius was a soccer player in high school and a pretty good one too. His father was a professional soccer player. I knew his dad Larry. Can't believe his kid is now this fat overweight kicker for Penn State. He doesn't kick FGs because he's not very good at it and not accurate.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The snap in the Pats game wasn't perfect, but it was not horrible either... Catman should've made the FG. As for yesterday, our Punting and the bad snap were definitely contributing factors. But focusing there only takes the focus away from the rest of the bigger reasons as to why we lost.

You must think striking a oval ball with an irregular shape such as a foot is an easy thing to do. I am pretty sure you don't realize how just an inch or so can make all the difference in the world. As a licensed soccer coach I know that mishitting a ball just a little bit can make the ball curve a lot more than you want it to. The bad snap in the Pats game was the reason for the miss.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I suspect they are looking for a long snapper, a punter and probably a returner. There is nothing else out there worth looking at.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A better ILB... A better Center...
You're assuming teams are going to want to part with good ILB's. That's the spider in the woodpile. We can wish all we want but no team is going to be willing to trade a highly sought after skill position with a dime a dozen position player. I don't see any team that desperate for a WR at this point. The only thing you can hope for in trading Floyd would be a 2nd round pick at best.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You're assuming teams are going to want to part with good ILB's. That's the spider in the woodpile. We can wish all we want but no team is going to be willing to trade a highly sought after skill position with a dime a dozen position player. I don't see any team that desperate for a WR at this point. The only thing you can hope for in trading Floyd would be a 2nd round pick at best.
I was thinking a third would be the best we can hope for for Floyd...

practices are limited these days so I was thinking maybe they are devoting less time to ST practice in order to get more time in on O and D... but then I look at our O and D and realize they are not putting the time in there either.

anyone know what the hell they do at practice these days?

my biggest peave with the offense going back to last season is Palmers infatuation with John Brown..
come on Carson...the dude is 5 foot NUTHIN!!
he is a skinny oompa loompa with quicks...
why the hell does the ball EVER go his way when there is a defender within three yards of him?
He is not going to out jump most defenders

he is not going to out muscle most defenders

the only time you throw to a miniature "speed" guy is when he is wide the hell open or behind the defense. Period. That's it.

coaches got all gooey with themselves comparing JB to Marvin Harrison... uh...okay...

Marvin Harrison ran great routes and got separation... John Brown does not.

This infatuation Palmer has with Brown has killed tons of drives over the past season and a 1/4 and I really hope the trend does not continue through this season.

I would rather see us line up Fitz, Jaron Brown, and Andre Ellington...with CJ and DJ in the backfield

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA