Cards 2022 Training Camp July 26th

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I don’t think people are asking why we’re seeing such a big regression from Wilson. All three will probably see the field for more than 50% of plays, so this is largely academic.

You’d just prefer to see your second-yea guy decide to get better instead of your 29 year old journeyman push him out.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wilson was drafted in the 4th round, last year. And, I remember we drafted another CB, who was part of the Zach Ertz deal. I forget his name, and am wondering how he's doing with the Eagles. Anyone have any info?

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think people are asking why we’re seeing such a big regression from Wilson. All three will probably see the field for more than 50% of plays, so this is largely academic.

You’d just prefer to see your second-yea guy decide to get better instead of your 29 year old journeyman push him out.

I heard the new guy on the ROB podcast talking about how he's a man corner and Vance's zones are hard for him to process.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wilson was drafted in the 4th round, last year. And, I remember we drafted another CB, who was part of the Zach Ertz deal. I forget his name, and am wondering how he's doing with the Eagles. Anyone have any info?

Tay Gowan. He's currently battling for the last CB spot with Josh Jobe at the Eagles.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Similar to a Kelvin Beachum / Josh Jones situation however Beachum had shown a lot more in his career.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a rookie not taking reps in training camp, and there's not much training camp left. He may be healthy for the season, but he won't be ready for it. Time to lower expectations for the kid. He'll need a lot of time just to get up to speed.

Btw, yes, I know how bad back injuries can be. That's why I understand how big a problem this has been.
I’m kind of befuddled at all the hype about him. How many tight ends have come out of college and has had a major impact in his first year? Pitts had a very good year but he was touted as the best player in the draft last year.
I’d say the over/under on catches this year would be around 25 especially if Williams is healthy.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I heard the new guy on the ROB podcast talking about how he's a man corner and Vance's zones are hard for him to process.
And will we ever come to grips with maybe the problem with this defense is Vance Joseph?? The reality is that if this team underperforms this year, there is only one person left to dispose of. Deep down, I can’t help but believe the Cardinals REALLY REALLY wanted Vance to get a HC job last year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’m kind of befuddled at all the hype about him. How many tight ends have come out of college and has had a major impact in his first year? Pitts had a very good year but he was touted as the best player in the draft last year.
I’d say the over/under on catches this year would be around 25 especially if Williams is healthy.
I'd say you're probably right, especially as he won't be a #1 or particularly ready to start the year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m not necessarily befuddled by the hype, but with all the pass catching weapons that we have, it’ll be near impossible for him to do anything crazy. If he does, it’ll mean we either had a ton of injuries, or some of our other receiving threats had down seasons. My hope is that he brings quality instead of quantity & his blocking makes a difference.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m not necessarily befuddled by the hype, but with all the pass catching weapons that we have, it’ll be near impossible for him to do anything crazy. If he does, it’ll mean we either had a ton of injuries, or some of our other receiving threats had down seasons. My hope is that he brings quality instead of quantity & his blocking makes a difference.
I want McBride not to suck as bad as Darrell Daniels did. It seems like Daniels was on the roster for a decade! I mean, I know he wasn't but he stuck around for awhile despite his suckitude.

McBride will play this year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I want McBride not to suck as bad as Darrell Daniels did. It seems like Daniels was on the roster for a decade! I mean, I know he wasn't but he stuck around for awhile despite his suckitude.

McBride will play this year.
I hope our 2nd round pick is better than just "not as bad as Darrell Daniels."

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I do think they want to play him more, assuming we're talking about McBride, but last night he looked like a guy who hasn't practiced much and is nowhere near 100%.

Too bad I do think we want to be able to play multiple TE's at times, so hopefully Maxx heals quickly.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I do think they want to play him more, assuming we're talking about McBride, but last night he looked like a guy who hasn't practiced much and is nowhere near 100%.

Too bad I do think we want to be able to play multiple TE's at times, so hopefully Maxx heals quickly.
I thought he looked fine last night. I don't believe he has gotten many reps with that group of QBs, he is still learning, and they played a defense that sees top level TE usage every day in practice. His blocking was very good IMO. I thought McBride was fine.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he looked fine last night. I don't believe he has gotten many reps with that group of QBs, he is still learning, and they played a defense that sees top level TE usage every day in practice. His blocking was very good IMO. I thought McBride was fine.

I thought he blocked well but I was watching him in the pass game and he didn't seem to be getting open at all. The INT was a late throw by McSorley forced into coverage but part of it was he thought McBride would keep going and McBride stopped. I blamed Trace there he had Ward wide open and didn't throw it. there was the deeper ball where McBride spun around and slowed up instead of running through, that seemed like just lack of PT. I'm not saying he's bad just he looks very rusty in the passing game like a guy with a sore back who hasn't been practicing. I am guessing it will take him longer to become a contributor in that area due to missed time.

I do like his blocking and I do like him as a prospect, just I think the back has clearly slowed his progress.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I like Wooten. It would be great to keep him around on the final 53.
Interested to see what they do with him. Vigil, Vallejo, Simmons, and Collins. Would need to beat out Joe Walker and/or Ezekiel Turner depending on how many ILBs they keep/use on teams.