Cards 2019 Schedule

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow . Want to see a brutal schedule? Check out the Raiders. 49 days on the road! Nfl does not care about teams that don’t appear to be ready to compete.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’ll make a prediction after the draft, but outlook doesn’t look rosy. Late Bye, long stretch of tough games, and a handful of 10am starts

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No cold weather games. 4 of first 6 at home, good for a new coach. Real tough December schedule. That will be brutal but 3 will be at home.

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Networks don’t trust Cards to be any good, thus only get one TNF welfare bone

If by chance they are decent and surprise, their last 5 games would be flex worthy

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Networks don’t trust Cards to be any good, thus only get one TNF welfare bone

If by chance they are decent and surprise, their last 5 games would be flex worthy

Even without Kyler the Mayfield/Kingsbury matchup has some drama. Kingsbury picked Davis Webb over him and Mayfield went on to win the Heisman and ROY. And we know he holds grudges...

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just made my reservations for Browns game. My long suffering wife said she wants to see PP21 vs Beckham/Landry.. all LSU, what's not to like? Me, I want to see our qbof Rosen.. .

btw, Jets have no games outside of Eastern time zone, go figure

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I looked at the schedule and came away thinking, IF you had a rookie QB, this schedule would be ideal. Play at home to start, with fairly easy teams, and leave the tough part of the schedule until later in the season when you have adjusted somewhat. Even with Rosen, this allows him to adjust to new coaching staff, players, etc. I think this is about as good as we could do.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Even without Kyler the Mayfield/Kingsbury matchup has some drama. Kingsbury picked Davis Webb over him and Mayfield went on to win the Heisman and ROY. And we know he holds grudges...

Not to mention some guy named steve wilks coaches on the browns

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Just made my reservations for Browns game. My long suffering wife said she wants to see PP21 vs Beckham/Landry.. all LSU, what's not to like? Me, I want to see our qbof Rosen.. .

NY

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
Wow . Want to see a brutal schedule? Check out the Raiders. 49 days on the road! Nfl does not care about teams that don’t appear to be ready to compete.

Raiders may not even have a home field advantage this year as it's entirely possible that fanbase checks out since they are going to Vegas in 2020. Being on the road may be a blessing in disguise for them.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are more teams east of the Mississippi so it stands to reason most of their games would be in the eastern time zone. The AFC East plays the AFC Central and NFC East with their (Jets) 2 remaining games being the AFC West team of the same position being home and the South game being on the road. Just in general there are only 6 teams in the AFC not in the eastern time zone(Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos, Chargers, Texans, Titans). If the Cards had moved to Baltimore like they should have they'd be in this same position every once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Really don't like the fact that the Lions are our home opener. Feels like everything's been downhill since the last time we opened against them.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Best home/away team lineup for us I can remember. We play the easiest teams on the road, and hardest ones at home. I know, we have the Saints on the road, which doesnt matter since we couldnt beat them anyway.

Will love the Browns game if we have Murray. Browns should kick some butts this season.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I like our schedule. Many home games against doable opponents early on where we could build up some momentum thanks to the KK surprise factor. Also I like a later bye over an early bye in general, although you never know when/if the injury bug hits you.

Bottom line, we can only surprise. There is no way we can be any worse than under Wilks.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One thing I found interesting is that it appears the Cards bye is in week 12 which is Thanksgiving week. I don’t remember byes the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
One thing I found interesting is that it appears the Cards bye is in week 12 which is Thanksgiving week. I don’t remember byes the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
Is week 12 the last possible week for byes?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
re: MNF There isn't a snowballs chance in hell the Cards hit any prime time games.
Last year 95% of everyone turned the Cards games off midway through the 3rd quarter.
There's bad and there REAL BAD....no tv company is going to risk advertising money on the Cards...even with Murray.

You can't stand you some Arizona Cardinals huh? It's almost laughable at this point.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we draft Murray, after 2 weeks the Networks & the NFL will jump through hoops to televise us during prime time.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Given last season's sad record, there are no gimmes on our schedule. Every game looks like a challenge.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tampa Bay kinda got screwed with their schedule. Their game against the Cards on Nov 10th will be their first home game since Sep 22nd against the Giants. They technically have a home game on Oct 13th but that game will be in London. The have two road games in a row on both sides of that.