Cardinals Unfiltered

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did the coaching staff always have all those contraptions designed to encourage RB's and linemen to stay low? Or is this a wrinkle brought in by the new coaching staff?

Reaction score
Did the coaching staff always have all those contraptions designed to encourage RB's and linemen to stay low? Or is this a wrinkle brought in by the new coaching staff?
Are you serious? Cages, those have been around in one form or another for over 40 years. . .

OP
OP
JeffGollin

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you serious? Cages, those have been around in one form or another for over 40 years. . .
I don't live in the Valley and never had the opportunity to watch practice. I can only go by what I see on tape via TV or the www, and this is the first season where they've shown this much practice footage IMHO. It just seems to me that, whereas in the past, we'd see a lot of sled-work and agility work under the open sky, I don't recall seeing drill after drill where players risked having their heads scraped off if they didn't stay low enough.

It seems as if there's greater emphasis on it this year. That's why I asked.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

They had one contraption at Flagstaff that had the padded arms for the RBs to use to practice holding onto the football. A buddy of mine decided he wanted to run through it. Took the skin off his forearms. Too funny. Well probably not for him.

BTW: Where do you get "Cardinals Unfiltered"? FoxAZ?

OP
OP
JeffGollin

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They had one contraption at Flagstaff that had the padded arms for the RBs to use to practice holding onto the football. A buddy of mine decided he wanted to run through it. Took the skin off his forearms. Too funny. Well probably not for him.

BTW: Where do you get "Cardinals Unfiltered"? FoxAZ?
It's on the I-Pad app for azcardinals.com (the official Cardinal website). I assume it's "simulstreamed" via the video section of the main website). It's essentially the sights and sounds of training camp without any voice-over (i.e. "unfiltered").