Cardinals trade up from 8 to 4

Cards Trade 2020 R1.8, plus Future R1, picks for Giants R.4 pick to take LB Isaiah Simmons

• Total voters

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
but we are clearly going in a different direction and by all accounts that looks to be the right direction. So how long you going to keep bringing up stuff from years ago? It’s like a scorned GF.

I swear to god if this team ever wins a championship there will be guys here who complain.

I’ve given Keim credit. You seem more hellbent on defending every criticism of him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't spend a lot of time complaining in the current state, but eventually these moves have to turn into wins. There's been one constant for the past five years, and it's yet to be seen if we have the coaching staff in place to take advantage of what seems to be improved talent.

Part of my frustration with Keim is that this franchise hasn't had a fresh direction in the front office since Bob Ferguson came aboard. Everything has been an internal hire, which would be fine if we were a winning team, but we're not.

We went to the Super bowl under Whiz and went to the NFC Championship under BA. You build it comes crashing down you build again. Kind of how this thing works. Comes and it goes

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve given Keim credit. You seem more hellbent on defending every criticism of him.

I’m not but when it’s like stuff you posted it’s just ridiculous. Your complaining about stuff that never happened lol.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We went to the Super bowl under Whiz and went to the NFC Championship under BA. You build it comes crashing down you build again. Kind of how this thing works. Comes and it goes
Then why are teams like the Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, etc. in the conversation almost year in and year out?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not gonna happen especially with no 2nd rounder i say just take bpa at 8

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then why are teams like the Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, etc. in the conversation almost year in and year out?

oh idk maybe cause they all have franchise QBs. They don’t exactly grow on trees. Kind of hard to find a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Russel Wilson, Big Ben

although the grass isn’t always greener. My cousin is a huge GB fan and ******* it’s the worst run franchise in sports and how they have wasted Aaron Rodgers career.

I do love The Ravens they’ve decided that defense is there calling card and they focus on making it better year in and year out

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

oh idk maybe cause they all have franchise QBs. They don’t exactly grow on trees. Kind of hard to find a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Russel Wilson, Big Ben

although the grass isn’t always greener. My cousin is a huge GB fan and ******* it’s the worst run franchise in sports and how they have wasted Aaron Rodgers career.

I do love The Ravens they’ve decided that defense is there calling card and they focus on making it better year in and year out

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

The Steelers have been great before Big Ben, and won the Super Bowl when he wasn't playing elite. They also managed to get a new coach and then go back and win another. The Ravens won it with Trent Dilfer, then again with Flacco, and are now one of the best teams in the league with a non-traditional QB. Packers have two Super Bowls in recent memory with two QBs and multiple coaches, and find themselves in the playoffs every year. The Seahawks were great with Matt Hasselbeck and have found themselves consistently great again with a new coaching staff and QB.

Even the Patriots were in a Super Bowl and playoffs just a few years before the Brady-Belichick era.

It's silly to handwave away those franchises' successes as "just getting franchise QBs." I want a consistent shot every year, not some shot in the dark team once a decade.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Steelers have been great before Big Ben, and won the Super Bowl when he wasn't playing elite. They also managed to get a new coach and then go back and win another. The Ravens won it with Trent Dilfer, then again with Flacco, and are now one of the best teams in the league with a non-traditional QB. Packers have two Super Bowls in recent memory with two QBs and multiple coaches, and find themselves in the playoffs every year. The Seahawks were great with Matt Hasselbeck and have found themselves consistently great again with a new coaching staff and QB.

Even the Patriots were in a Super Bowl and playoffs just a few years before the Brady-Belichick era.

It's silly to handwave away those franchises' successes as "just getting franchise QBs." I want a consistent shot every year, not some shot in the dark team once a decade.

and up until Mike took over the team you could make the case we had the single worst owner in all of sports. That’s not an exaggeration.

I personally view this as two different organizations. Bill/Mike

mike has been dedicated to winning and we’ve won under him. One super bowl appearance with one coach and one NFC championship game with another.

yes a lot of it does boil down to QB. What did those teams have in common? Great running game and great defenses. You can win without a QB but not all the time

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
and up until Mike took over the team you could make the case we had the single worst owner in all of sports. That’s not an exaggeration.

I personally view this as two different organizations. Bill/Mike

mike has been dedicated to winning and we’ve won under him. One super bowl appearance with one coach and one NFC championship game with another.

yes a lot of it does boil down to QB. What did those teams have in common? Great running game and great defenses. You can win without a QB but not all the time
Regardless, they're in the conversation for contention each year. They've acquired QBs despite losing them. I'm with you that the pre-Mike Cardinals were a different animal, but we've still got a front office whose roots tie back to the Bill days.

I'm rooting for Keim to succeed, and he's had a heck of an offseason so far, but he's going to be on thin ice with me, even moreso if he decides to draft Lamb.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Regardless, they're in the conversation for contention each year. They've acquired QBs despite losing them. I'm with you that the pre-Mike Cardinals were a different animal, but we've still got a front office whose roots tie back to the Bill days.

I'm rooting for Keim to succeed, and he's had a heck of an offseason so far, but he's going to be on thin ice with me, even moreso if he decides to draft Lamb.

If they draft any WR in round 1 I’ll lose it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose