Cardinals trade S Rudy Ford for DT Bruce Hector from Eagles

Reaction score
Two moves that improved the team today. Can't argue with that.
Fitz, Crabtree, Kirk, Keeshawn, Isabella, Sherfield, Cooper?

I see we also parted ways with Kevin White. Surprising after not even getting within two weeks of the season opener, but who knows. I think Maxx Williams, RSJ, and Caleb give us a decent TE squad, especially given the lack of predicted usage of TE's in the Kingsbury offense. The RB's function well when they have holes. Our skill position players seem to be in reasonable shape.
It's all on the line. Hopefully we see some gelling this weekend from the starters.

I believe Clay will make the team.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hector sounds good and makes sense "on paper." We'll have to see how that translates to real action.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like the Eagle's talent evaluation a lot better than the Cardinals, so I'm not sure what to think of this trade.

On one hand, they chose Hector to make their 53 man roster last season, on the other, they traded him for Rudy Ford..
Sounds to me like the Eagles needed another DB & we didn't, also they have enough DL depth & we don't? Seems like a good fit. One of our DL assistants was with the Eagles last season, he must think he has potential? SK said they watched him on film & liked what they saw. We need depth so it couldn't hurt. Ford wasn't gonna make the roster anyways imo, only on special teams maybe? Definitely not as a DB. Looks like SK is trying to do something at the very least, that's all we can ask for at this point in the coming season. He keeps saying they're working the phones constantly, time will tell.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His college tape does seem to show a guy that can get to the QB a little, plays with a nice motor, and is a sure tackler. I've never been enthralled with Ford, so I like the trade. If Hector stays healthy & can be added to the rotation, then it's a very good trade.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His college tape does seem to show a guy that can get to the QB a little, plays with a nice motor, and is a sure tackler. I've never been enthralled with Ford, so I like the trade. If Hector stays healthy & can be added to the rotation, then it's a very good trade.
He also learned to play defense at South Florida under Charlie Strong, his defenses are always good because he knows how to run a defense. He doesn't put up with guys not giving effort & missing tackles.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA