Cardinals to Attend Kaepernick Workout

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How could you possibly lead off with telling me it’s factual that peoples’ rage was based upon his mixed race lol? I can’t speak for anyone else but my issues were his blatant lies that he tried to pass off as truth, his disrespect for law enforcement, disrespect for our country and it’s service men and women and really just his overall bad combination of ignorance and stupidity. He’s either intellectually deficient or morally dishonest. Either way, it makes it tough to root for the guy when he projects himself as the opposite, even though I will gladly admit that I respected the hell out of his abilities when Harbaugh was in SF and Kaep was good.

C, I was merely pointing out the fact that too many people based their opinion of his actions because he's a black man. Yes he is bi-racial, but as we all know, when it's time to vilify and cast judgment, he then becomes a black man. That's what I was stating was facts. I don't know if you have ever since I've been on this board, seen anything from a political or sociological vantage from me. But as proud as I am to be a black man, I respect and listen to the opinion of all folks and genuinely love others no matter race or creed. It's how I was raised. I try to see where others are coming from before I make an opinion, which is why I paid close attention to the way people (particularly non-minorities) responded on the issue. My wife is from the south. She saw and heard the hatred first hand on visits to her family during the height of the protest. I myself often listen to conservative radio, just to get an idea of people's feelings, and I'm telling you C, some of the most ignorant, nasty, and mean spirited crap came from the mouths of people calling these shows. (death, really?) Never mind that if they took the time to do as I did and listen, they might at least disagree intelligently which is what most of us here are doing. One thing I have zero tolerance for is ignorance for the sake of ignorance, and conscientious stupidity. I won't allow it to come my way, and will call it the hell out every time I see it. I don't disagree with much of your views in that he's often conducted his self horribly during all this, but his point is very well taken by me, and many others. His issue, once again was the treatment of black and brown people by law enforcement. That's his platform and I promise you that as long as he sticks to that script and avoids the silliness and distractions that he has on occasion shown a propensity for, I will back my fraternity brother all the way.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. FWIW, myopic was a poor choice of a word and fully retract it and apologize.

As a football player:

Kaepernick was a marginal starter at the end of his stint with the 49ers, despite what would seem a perfect fit in Chip Kelly's zone read option based offense (similar to the pistol that he ran @ Nevada) he could not secure the job as a starter and when he did start, looked pedestrian at best.

Possesses a strong arm but struggles throwing into a tight windows as well as placing the ball in with touch. He is 32 and while he was an explosive runner, he is on the downside of his physical prime and based on his QB toolbox, would be an ineffective, pure pocket passer.

Apology accepted, no problem.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He didn't, though. He remained middle of the pack towards the end of his career. Imagine if a so-so player like say, Derek Carr or Jimmy G were out of a job next year, and instead of teams signing them, they went for trash players like Jameis Winston or Mason Rudolph. That's what we're dealing with. Players like Brian Hoyer and Josh Johnson have started games in the past 2 years but Kaep can't even make a preseason roster.

Yep, didn't say it was all based on his crappy play.... Add in using your Employers time as a soapbox = Unemployed.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1. Thank you for your service. As I am sure you can attest to, we are not a homogenized group and I have no doubt, there are plenty of servicemen and women who feel the way you do. BTW, I am not the spokesman for the active-duty fans, so I do not speak on behalf of those who serve or have served... I speak on behalf of this active-duty naval officer.

2. LOL... Thanks for assuming my ethnicity... um, VA CARD, I am biracial. So, maybe slow down on the well-articulated racism angle...

3. The shirt, just like the socks, is a calculated ploy to piss people off.

3.5. He has every right to use his platform to protest, ABSOLUTELY. He also earns any criticism for the manner that he chooses to express himself.

4. He divided fans. You and I are fans and we are divided on this issue, at the height of the kneeling and the push back, stadiums saw a decrease in attendance and some fans were so pissed off they burnt their team gear on youtube to demonstrate their displeasure.

*HE IS A DIVIDER.*

5. You are right, he can sit any election out and honestly, the 2016 election was between two bad candidates, but he also sat out important issues on the ballot that was local in nature... I guess the community wasn't THAT important...

6. The "taking a knee" protest is nebulous and serves to just piss people off, no one before this turd did this would ever see someone taking a knee and exclaim, "oh that must be a commentary on police brutality" because anyone would clearly see that protesting the flag and anthem that represent our federal republic would be a demonstration against police forces at the local level... because the 8 year reign of President Obama led administration had set up systematic discrimination policies at the local level.

HE IS A TURD, instead of bringing folks together, he has polarized both sides.

But hey, if he is your hero, throw on his jersey and represent your dude. That is your opinion, I respect it while disagreeing with it.

1. Thanks for that.

2. I didn't assume anything about your ethnicity, you could be "biracial" and be anti-black as well. It seems like you have taken Kaep's stance on the issues as disrespect that hes not parlaying to BOTH sides of his genetic make-up instead of the one side he's protesting for. It all makes sense now since you admitted that.

4. He didn't divide fans, fans ALREADY had a preconceived notion on all the racial shootings that past year. He just brought those feelings into the forefront and exposed them.

The real divider was the Commander in Chief and Head oF State of this country taking a side and further dividing the people that was already divided.

6. Taking a knee was using his platform to voice his displeasure on systemic white supremacy that has plagued the black community which HE THOROUGHLY explained during his initial interview. I dont know why people thought it was vague to begin with when his supporters knew where he was coming from.

"
because the 8 year reign of President Obama led administration had set up systematic discrimination policies at the local level." hahahahaha you cannot be serious. Federal oversight is bad? The same policies that Obama had that Trump dismantled?? GOing backwards on civil rights is progressive?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to besmirch the praise for Mandela's soccer tool as reconciliation but are you familiar with Willie Mandela's youth soccer fiasco. Pure evil.

Maybe rethink the example.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
1. Thanks for that.

2. I didn't assume anything about your ethnicity, you could be "biracial" and be anti-black as well. It seems like you have taken Kaep's stance on the issues as disrespect that hes not parlaying to BOTH sides of his genetic make-up instead of the one side he's protesting for. It all makes sense now since you admitted that.

4. He didn't divide fans, fans ALREADY had a preconceived notion on all the racial shootings that past year. He just brought those feelings into the forefront and exposed them.

The real divider was the Commander in Chief and Head oF State of this country taking a side and further dividing the people that was already divided.

6. Taking a knee was using his platform to voice his displeasure on systemic white supremacy that has plagued the black community which HE THOROUGHLY explained during his initial interview. I dont know why people thought it was vague to begin with when his supporters knew where he was coming from.

"
because the 8 year reign of President Obama led administration had set up systematic discrimination policies at the local level." hahahahaha you cannot be serious. Federal oversight is bad? The same policies that Obama had that Trump dismantled?? GOing backwards on civil rights is progressive?
1. My pleasure, reasonable people can have reasonable discussions.

2. I should have done a better job qualifying my position.

4. I am sure most fans already had taken sides or had preconceived notions. With that, I cannot speak for anyone else, but for me personally, the last thing in the world I want to do is deal with politics during a football game and the huge dip in attendance and TV ratings would support that most people feel the same way.

*What President Trump did was not helpful and further divided people. Again, I have stated how I view people, he is my CinC and do not run around bad-mouthing him or President Obama

If Kaepernick's supporters knew where he was coming from and if you are trying to get people to investigate the situation, call attention to something, build allies in a righteous struggle, your answer is to do something that pisses people off? No... he did it for shock value. Just like his comments when he was interviewed in Miami about the Fidel/Malcolm X t-shirt.

The last comment was sarcastic in tone, sorry if that was lost... but when anyone says systematic, it means in the context of our governmental structure. It is either that state's government and/or the federal government imposing a policy that enables local level police forces to discriminate. I don't think our local and federal congresses are writing these laws...

What policies that deal with this subject (not immigration) has the President discontinued? If anything, despite what people think is happening on this front, the criminal reform bill was lauded by the president's allies and critics alike...Heck, Van Jones praised it.

We are obviously on different sides, I 100% agree that there are issues that need to be addressed and my frustration is that Kaepernick could have been that guy that brings regular folks together to solve them and contrary to popular belief, large groups of people on the same page solve problems. Us/them never does.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Not to besmirch the praise for Mandela's soccer tool as reconciliation but are you familiar with Willie Mandela's youth soccer fiasco. Pure evil.

Maybe rethink the example.
Southpaw,

I am talking about rugby football NOT association football (aka soccer)... Please never confuse the two (aka 90 mins of pretending to be injured vs. 80 mins of pretending you are ok). Even if the soccer team in question is symbolic.

I am 100% aware of what the Mandela United Football Club was...

I am also fully aware of who "Winnie" Nomzamo Winifred Zanyiwe Madikizela is.

It was not the Springboks and Nelson Mandela had nothing to do with it.

In fact, the ANC, while in exile rebuked MFUC after the Seipei kidnappings.

The TRC specifically identified human rights crimes committed.

The outreach through sports was an exemplary model of bringing folks together...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Everyone here can talk politics all they want but Kap has never shown the ability to be able to read a NFL defense or go through multiple reads. For the time he was in the NFL while still not figuring that out, that is the red flag I am looking at and therefore would not sign him

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave