Cardinals signed OLB Arthur Moats

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Solid back up / spot starter still in his prime according to Wolf this morning. Mychael Kendricks would have been ideal but Moats would add nice depth / insurance from Wolf’s take on him.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
DOH!

Mods, a little help please, and delete this, already gots a thread about the 411.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He signed per Rotoworld, 1yr deal

Arthur Moats - LB - Cardinals

Cardinals signed OLB Arthur Moats to a one-year contract.

Moats has spent the last four seasons in Pittsburgh. He gives the Cardinals a veteran that can play multiple spots with Markus Golden sidelined. 30-year-old Moats should see most of his snaps as a situational run stopper.

Last edited:

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Should bring in Kevin Dodd who was just cut by the Titans to backup Golden at DE. He never should have been tried at 34 OLB.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Should bring in Kevin Dodd who was just cut by the Titans to backup Golden at DE. He never should have been tried at 34 OLB.
This could work. He looked like he would be a good DE coming out of college. He is worth a cheap signing to find out anyway.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, please let this be the end of the ex-Steeler parade because if the Cardinals also add Mike Mitchell as well that will be really bad. He was terrible last year.
I view the Moats signing as a low-key move to build some blue-collar depth behind Josh Bynes.

At least for now, I don't see the Cards making the MIKE position especially flashy. As I see it, they just want a solid, steady guy back there, who doesn't get burnt and gets the job done. Moats fills that bill in a #2 role inside.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I view the Moats signing as a low-key move to build some blue-collar depth behind Josh Bynes.

At least for now, I don't see the Cards making the MIKE position especially flashy. As I see it, they just want a solid, steady guy back there, who doesn't get burnt and gets the job done. Moats fills that bill in a #2 role inside.

I don't think that Moats is an off-the-ball linebacker. He was an outside player for the Steelers' 3-4 defense. The AZRep beat reporter and the Cards' website calls him a DE.

We still need real help at OLB.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose