Cardinals sign DL Carlos Watkins on a one-year contract

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Who?

In all seriousness, our defense is going to be worse than last year, and that's saying a lot. We better have a smashing draft bringing in, like, 5 guys who can start by next year, or we're going to be in serious trouble beyond this year.
I feel like the plan is and always has been to trade down as much as possible this year to stock up picks in the mid rounds and in 24.

With the current talent on this team, its not crazy to think that even 4th round guys are going to get a chance to start or be a heavy part of the rotation.

If we trade down I could see us drafting 5"starters" on defense this year alone.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I feel like the plan is and always has been to trade down as much as possible this year to stock up picks in the mid rounds and in 24.

With the current talent on this team, its not crazy to think that even 4th round guys are going to get a chance to start or be a heavy part of the rotation.

If we trade down I could see us drafting 5"starters" on defense this year alone.
I think that may be the plan, but feel it's a bad one. I must also disagree with the number of defensive starters we're getting. You're not wrong in that even 4th rounders could start--there may be a 4th rounder that turns out to actually be a good starter--but I don't think getting someone who starts means they are an actual starter. Just flinging lower-end draft picks in at starting positions will lead to us sucking, and won't necessarily lead to those picks ever being starters again, or being good at the job. I say we take the talent staring us in the face at the top of the draft, not try to be the smartest guys in the NFL like Keim did, and then do our best with the rest of the draft capital left to us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson