Cardinals sign CB Rashad Fenton - 1 Yr Contract

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They don’t do DVOA for individual defensive players.

Their defensive secondary analysis looks like this (from last year):

You must be registered for see images attach
So by that Hamiltons success rate was 8% higher than murphys? Am i reading it correctly?
Be it on 1/3rd the snaps

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So by that Hamiltons success rate was 8% higher than murphys? Am i reading it correctly?
Be it on 1/3rd the snaps
Success rate (Suc%): The percentage plays of targeting this player on which the offense did not have a successful play. This means not only incomplete passes and interceptions, but also short completions which do not meet our baselines for success (45% of needed yards on first down, 60% on second down, 100% on third or fourth down). Defensive pass inter- ference is counted as a failure for the defensive player similar to a completion of equal yardage (and a new first down).

It’s not snaps, it’s targets.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sometimes raw data like this is so much better. Thanks for posting.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I see.
But based on that definition Hamilton, when on the field, was more successful as a corner.

Even though he was technically targeted more often
It’s pretty noisy at that small a sample size, but you do you.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is for 2021, not 2022. Has Alford on there and Murphy didn't play 16 games.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's various different forms of data or analytics to measure performance. I can't find one where Murphy beat Hamilton last year.

That's not to say Hamilton is good. But I disagree that Murphy is significantly better.

Hamilton had a higher PFF grade. Lower passer rating allowed. And SIS has Murphy at -0.023 EPA per snap and Hamilton at -0.026 EPA per snap.

Murphy gets a **** tonne of credit for still being young. As if every player gets better after 25. For every guy that has his best years after 25 there is at least one who has already hit their peak.

Considering the amount of snaps Murphy has played I wouldn't put money on him getting significantly better. Although he had Flores now instead of Vance so I guess that might work in his favor.