Cardinals @ Seahawks postgame thread

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oddball Question:

so after the Cards scored to take a 10 point lead with ~2 mins left, Cards hold the Seahawks on 4th down and take over deep in SEA territory with 1:15 or so left. Cards kneel ........ and Pete Carrol uses his timeouts.

so fast forward and the CArds punt it to SEA with 16 secs left or so. SEA just hands it off to end the game

my question: Why would Carroll use two timeouts to get the ball back only to hand it off in his one play?
God only knows. Maybe he’s going senile.

Reaction score
ARI 40:22 SEA 19:38
Incredible!

Oddball Question:

so after the Cards scored to take a 10 point lead with ~2 mins left, Cards hold the Seahawks on 4th down and take over deep in SEA territory with 1:15 or so left. Cards kneel ........ and Pete Carrol uses his timeouts.

so fast forward and the CArds punt it to SEA with 16 secs left or so. SEA just hands it off to end the game

my question: Why would Carroll use two timeouts to get the ball back only to hand it off in his one play?
Simple answer - Because Pete Carroll is a grand ****** bag; and always has been!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, when one poster is constantly is in the minds of multiple posters, then maybe there’s a huge problem there with both sides.

But anyways, I like 95% of you guys on this forum, we just won a divisional game on the road with our backup QB for the 2nd time. We’re on a bye. Thanksgiving is near. It’s gonna be a great week with a great time with our families. Lets enjoy this.
Agreed. Happy turkey day!

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One of our early sideways plays was read easily by the defense and we got pulverised instantly

After that we seemed to feign a couple of those sideways passes. The defender's eyes lit up:

Kliff's running that stupid play again!!!

They surged to the side ready for the pick or bone crushing tackle for loss

Colt faked and suddenly there was space up the middle. Colt could run, pass whatever.

Maybe we were playing the looooong game with all those lateral passes!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
One of our early sideways plays was read easily by the defense and we got pulverised instantly

After that we seemed to feign a couple of those sideways passes. The defender's eyes lit up:

Colt faked and suddenly there was space up the middle. Colt could run, pass whatever.

Whenever we run those no yardage lateral plays I always try to remind myself that kliff often does so to set up later plays. It’s tough to do. Particularly when he keeps running them repeatedly.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Oddball Question:

Losing coaches don't want TOs remaining in the box score.

edit: I looked at a couple box scores and don't see a record of how many TOs taken, so there goes that theory.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And from our own end zone :oops:
This was one of two early plays (I think the other was a bad 1st down pass play--can't remember) where I was starting to get upset with KK. Then the rest of the game and game plan unfolded, and those two plays were washed away by a masterful game of play calling. I mean, to the point I can't even remember the other annoying play. Good coaching, sans the bad time management at the end of the half.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does it feel like a different attitude for us coming out of this win compared to the 49ers win?

Following that SF game there was an air of our-****-don't-stink. We could do no wrong. Genius play-calling, don't even need our MVP.

Then the Panthers reminded us that if you're even 5% off in any facet you can get your wings clipped. We got shown up at home by a mid-table team which hurt but may serve to keep us humble.

We seem more grounded this week. Pleased with the win but less gushingly so. Just going by the various media sound bites anyway

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Does it feel like a different attitude for us coming out of this win compared to the 49ers win?

Following that SF game there was an air of our-****-don't-stink. We could do no wrong. Genius play-calling, don't even need our MVP.

Then the Panthers reminded us that if you're even 5% off in any facet you can get your wings clipped. We got shown up at home by a mid-table team which hurt but may serve to keep us humble.

We seem more grounded this week. Pleased with the win but less gushingly so. Just going by the various media sound bites anyway
Solid take.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

As nice as that play was where he faked the lateral to Moore than found Ertx in the seam to get down to the 2 yard line if you watch it back Darrell Daniels was wide open on the sideline just outside the EZ for an easy TD.

It didn't matter in the end, but we miss so much on the TV coverage.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As nice as that play was where he faked the lateral to Moore than found Ertx in the seam to get down to the 2 yard line if you watch it back Darrell Daniels was wide open on the sideline just outside the EZ for an easy TD.

It didn't matter in the end, but we miss so much on the TV coverage.
Daniels dropped a pass right in his hands earlier

Maybe the trust wasn't there?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Daniels dropped a pass right in his hands earlier

Maybe the trust wasn't there?

Maybe but I don't think you look off a wide open TD for a drop. Just don't think he spotted him.

It's not a huge deal, it happens, but only saw it watching it back. You miss so much watch the game live. Football is probably the hardest game to fully comprehend in real time in all sports. Camera views don't help.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I also feel like there is some relief from the pressure of playing through several injured players, a later bye week, and uncertainty at QB. The mental fatigue of playing without stars is really tough. Players can have a tendency to try to do more to make up for it vs just doing their job.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Losing coaches don't want TOs remaining in the box score.

edit: I looked at a couple box scores and don't see a record of how many TOs taken, so there goes that theory.
He was just being a gum chewing a$$, like Greg Shiano, when he would have his defense still hit and submarine the Online that was in victory formation.