Cardinals @ Seahawks postgame thread

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Okay so I'm going to go full-blown conspiracy theory here... So You have been warned. Lol

It's absolutely no secret that Russell Wilson wants out of Seattle, because he feels the organization and/or Pete Carroll aren't doing enough to support him and his style of play.

What if, Russell Wilson is actually content and happy to stay in Seattle, if Pete Carroll is the one jettisoned???

The more I sit back and think about this game, especially the first half, the more it reminds me of the Green Bay game in 2018, where the Cardinals won and had no business doing so. It was widely known before that game, that Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy were barely co-existing.. And it seemed pretty apparent that Rodgers pretty much called the plays in the huddle exactly as they were given to him, with no audibles, or few audibles, Just to prove a point that Mike McCarthy's offense was stale and stagnant and could no longer win consistently in Green Bay. After that stunning lost to Arizona, Mike McCarthy was soon fired. When I look back at yesterday's first half, it seemed so inexplicable that Wilson barely through the ball... At the halftime the talking heads on TV basically thought that his finger was obviously still hurting and maybe he should even be playing, but then he comes out in the second half and is able to drop that 40 yard bomb to Tyler Locket, Plus a few other really nice throws. That tells me that maybe his finger wasn't hurting and that maybe he was 100% playing within the confines of the plays that were being sent into him, with little audibling at the line of scrimmage... Maybe just to do like Aaron Rodgers did and prove a point.

Pete Carroll was admittedly frustrated about the loss and definitely showed it and made it 100% known at the press conference. Maybe his frustration has more to do with how Russell Wilson played with in the offense... And that maybe he knows that he has lost, or is losing the locker room.
Except the conspiracy theory in GB just wasn't true. It was just an excuse by their fans as to why they lost. Rodgers did lead them to a go ahead TD and then drove them down the field for a game winning FG attempt. I was there and Rodgers was trying to win. Crosby just missed and they lost.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Except the conspiracy theory in GB just wasn't true. It was just an excuse by their fans as to why they lost. Rodgers did lead them to a go ahead TD and then drove them down the field for a game winning FG attempt. I was there and Rodgers was trying to win. Crosby just missed and they lost.
Never said he wasn't trying to win, he was just running the plays as called.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm so incredibly impressed with Colt McCoy. Game ball to our QB.

Also, this should go a long way towards refuting the idea that Murray was carrying K2. With TEN losing to the freaking Texans, Kingsbury should be the runaway leader for Coach of the Year. He's done an incredible job, with the highlight being two road wins by double digits over divisional opponents with a back up QB, and multiple other starters missing on O.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don’t understand the koolaiders need to “told you so.” Like you said, virtually never happens in the reverse.

Ouchie, good sir, I know you're sort of playing Devil's Advocate here (haha), but what @DVontel alluded to, and I'm sure you already know, is one of the principal reasons why darksiders are a target.

We all want to have hope. Hope that our jobs go well, that we stay healthy, and that the Cardinals will field a great team each year.

And yet so often it seems that the darksiders, practically by definition, want to rob us of that fundamental human requirement which is necessary to even begin to be content or happy.

If you take away, or at least appear to try to take away, a person's hope Ouchie, they're going to remember it. Vividly. And many times they will have the desire to seek retribution for being bereft of something which we all hold so dear.

And so that is why you frequently see "I told you so" posts.

I do understand that when it devolves into name calling and insults (however mild), that's inappropriate behavior for this board, and we should try to be better human beings than this.

But perhaps you shouldn't be too surprised when you see someone point out, even in a discourteous manner, that a darksider was wrong.

That's it. I just wanted you and I to agree that there is some psychology at work here, and I'll give you the last word if you'd like it. In any event, a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ouchie, good sir, I know you're sort of playing Devil's Advocate here (haha), but what @DVontel alluded to, and I'm sure you already know, is one of the principal reasons why darksiders are a target.

We all want to have hope. Hope that our jobs go well, that we stay healthy, and that the Cardinals will field a great team each year.

And yet so often it seems that the darksiders, practically by definition, want to rob us of that fundamental human requirement which is necessary to even begin to be content or happy.

If you take away, or at least appear to try to take away, a person's hope Ouchie, they're going to remember it. Vividly. And many times they will have the desire to seek retribution for being bereft of something which we all hold so dear.

I do understand that when it devolves into name calling and insults (however mild), that's inappropriate behavior for this board, and we should try to be better human beings than this.

But perhaps you shouldn't be too surprised when you see someone point out, even in a discourteous manner, that a darksider was wrong.

That's it. I just wanted you and I to agree that there is some psychology at work here, and I'll give you the last word if you'd like it. In any event, a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
No offense Crimson, but frankly that’s a load of crap couched in genteel language. No darksider is trying to do anything other than talk football. No one is trying to “steal” anyone’s “hope.” There’s no emperor palpatine or Voldemort on the board. You cast people who disagree with your football opinion as villains. So for all your “good sirs” you’re really playing the divisive card, whether purposefully or unwittingly. It’s inappropriate and speaks to some fundamental inability to take things at face value. If I believe that AJ Green is washed due to facts (lower numbers, multiple injuries, etc) you are welcome to disagree with me. But I’m not attacking your hope. And to cast someone else’s 100% entitled opinion in such a light is frankly just trying to blame others for the frailty of your own conviction.

What you are doing is akin to calling all darksiders trolls - breaking a fundamental rule of the board. Cripes you even openly admit that darksiders are “targeted.” NO ONE should be targeted.

But thank you for letting me know why you (I won’t allow you to speak for others) make personal attacks . . . it’s because for some reason you read disagreeing opinions about a professional football team somehow as a personal attack on you (or more specifically, your hope). And thus you lash out at those with whom you disagree. I don’t know about other aspects of your life - I hope that you keep such reactions contained to a semi-anonymous football board - but this is exactly the attitude that I believe is contributing to the degradation of society. In a nutshell: You disagree with me about something impersonal, I’m going to take personal umbrage with that and attack and belittle you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

And I hope you and your loved ones had a terrific Thanksgiving!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread dedicated to Prater's (IMO) distributing performance on Sunday.

For the record he was two for three on extra points. He made one FG attempt from 53 yards. He missed FGs from 39 and 36 yards.

I guess it goes without saying that that kind of performance is unacceptable, but at the same time, I'm not going to overreact to one bad game. I'm not going to say out loud what I assume we all would rather not think about.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s become the fabric in today’s society. Disagree with me and you are moved to the black list.
It’s okay to say I was right and you were wrong. Going into this year I’ve was more darkside Than ever before.
I’ve never been so happy to be wrong.
I was not excited about Watt. Was right about what his availability might be but underestimated his influence on our team culture.
I was not excited about Green. To this point He has out performed what I expected from him.
Conner is head and shoulders above what I expected.
I thought keeping Golden and letting Reddick walk was a huge mistake.
I gave the benefit of the doubt to Kingsbury but wasn’t 100% sold he was going to grow into this job.
Yes, I was wrong and happy as hell about it.
Just don’t call me an ass or an idiot and we’re all good!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA