Cardinals reportedly close to deal with Steve Sarkisian to be offensive coordinator

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
what type of coach who has called plays in the past would accept a job where he comes to AZ under a rookie head coach with the knowledge that he won't be calling plays?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what type of coach who has called plays in the past would accept a job where he comes to AZ under a rookie head coach with the knowledge that he won't be calling plays?

Totally agree, that is what I said. It would have to be a coach that needs to resurrect his career. McAdoo and Sark are both in that category.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Norm Chow. Now there's a blast from the past. I remember when people were pimping him for the Cards HC job.

Maybe next time I'm out in Arizona, I'll have a beer with Sark and Keim :D.
I was one of those Chow fans - liked the idea of Chow and the mobile Young as a tandem. Go figure.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Is this being reported by anyone else except pro football talk?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is actually a smart choice for the Air Raid install...

Sark palyed for LaVell Edwards & Norm Chow @ BYU, it was that playbook that Hal Mumme and Mike Leach used as the basis of the offense. The concepts should be very familiar to Sark and should assist him in blending the CKK's offense with the realities of NFL defenses.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You're exactly right, Hal mumme loved the BYU offense so much, when he came to Kentucky as the head coach in 97, he changed the helmet logo to an interlocking UK & the uniforms to look like the BYU uni's. He even admitted it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i could make a case that if KKs offense with the Cards does well -- Sark becomes a hot commodity

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kubiak is no longer the O-C in Denver but will remain with the team, according to reports.

That is really interesting as they sold the fan base that Fangio would bring in Kubiak. Fangio would be the defense guru and Kubiak the offense guru. They had a parting of the ways with the guys Kubiak wanted to bring in. Is'a mess now.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is like "Sark was terrible at Alabama."

He is headed back to Alabama.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mcadoo to be interviewed. Who likes him?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gambo fumbled the Suns bridges pick but is usually spot on....for many years. Always cracks me up when people say he has no sources

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Gambo fumbled the Suns bridges pick but is usually spot on....for many years. Always cracks me up when people say he has no sources

He's just so obnoxious I laugh at his screw ups. I do agree with you that he seems to have the owners hands so far up his ass, his reporting is usually really accurate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave