Cardinals news for the week of Aug 30, 2021

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I dont think Peterson really cares.

I doubt he understands that a good chunk of Cardinals fans think he's slime now.

I'd vote no on ring of honor if I got a choice.

I wouldn't want him in the Ring of Honor either--the PED thing and now taking shots at the organization should make that a no-brainer.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wouldn't want him in the Ring of Honor either--the PED thing and now taking shots at the organization should make that a no-brainer.
He won't even be considered after he showed his ass the way he has

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont think Peterson really cares.

I doubt he understands that a good chunk of Cardinals fans think he's slime now.

I'd vote no on ring of honor if I got a choice.
A good chunk? I think the average fan still adores him even after moving on...some that follow football fanatically like us around here don't count as the majority IMO. Slime is a little rough. It's a game and a business when it's all said and done. Glad he's gone, but wish nothing but the best for him moving forward.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
thankfully you do not make those decisions.
All Peterson has done is show how much of a jerk he is over the past four seasons.

I laugh at anyone still defending the guy. He went from asking for a trade during tough times, to bashing the Cardinals when they wouldn't advance him pay because of his suspension, to blaming teammates when he sucked.

And now let's it out there that he cares more about individual accomplishments.

Oh and after he made the comments about caring more about his Pro Bowls than winning a championship, he said when he is a free agent he will go to the highest bidder.

Pat P is a mercenary and doesn't belong with a group of guys who care about the Cardinals team and the fans. He might have been a great player four years ago, but now he is a shadow of his former self and might not even ever make it to the Hall of Fame because of his attitude.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
All Peterson has done is show how much of a jerk he is over the past four seasons.

I laugh at anyone still defending the guy. He went from asking for a trade during tough times, to bashing the Cardinals when they wouldn't advance him pay because of his suspension, to blaming teammates when he sucked.

Oh and after he made the comments about caring more about his Pro Bowls than winning a championship, he said when he is a free agent he will go to the highest bidder.

Pat P is a mercenary and doesn't belong with a group of guys who care about the Cardinals team and the fans. He might have been a great player four years ago, but now he is a shadow of his former self and might not even ever make it to the Hall of Fame because of his attitude.
Dude, you're as old as I am — way too old to believe that professional football players care about their franchise or the fans any more than it extends to getting them paid.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

For the most part all professional athletes are 'mercenaries' but Peterson's handling of the situation made it personal on his behalf and not business... he made his respective choice but unlike others before him is not showing dignity or grace

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
OK. Here are some Ring of Honor questions.

Anqaun Boldin? - 7 seasons (4th in receiving yards for the franchise)
Calais Campbell? - 9 seasons (4th in total sacks for the franchise)
Patrick Peterson? - 10 seasons (6th in Ints and 1st in PDs)
Chandler Jones? - 5 seasons (3rd in total sacks for the franchise)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

calais. That’s it for me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Some do. And those are the ones who belong in the Ring of Honor. Thanks for helping to prove my point. :)

Aeneas Williams ran out the door and badmouthed the team once he was gone. Carson Palmer didn't do anything but get paid by this franchise. He didn't exactly cover himself with glory on his exit from Cincy

Karlos Dansby
I 100% agree with Adrian Wilson
Larry Centers(?)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude, you're as old as I am — way too old to believe that professional football players care about their franchise or the fans any more than it extends to getting them paid.

You can care about both. Like JJ Watt does.

The last straw with P2 for me was a couple of years back when he said he'd prefer a gold jacket to a super bowl ring. I have no time for anyone more concerned about personal glory than the greatest team honor in the sport.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

The last straw with P2 for me was a couple of years back when he said he'd prefer a gold jacket to a super bowl ring. I have no time for anyone more concerned about personal glory than the greatest team honor in the sport.
JJ Watt didn't care about the Texans. He had no positive feelings about ownership. JJ Watt is definitely an outlier.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If JJ Watt truly cared about both, I think he would have signed with one of last years conference championship representatives in Buffalo & Green Bay, & not the team who hasn’t made the playoffs since 2015 & whose FO may be on the brink of losing jobs.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

In my opinion I don't think any of them deserve it. But I have a really high standard. Most worthy would be Calais to me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If JJ Watt truly cared about both, I think he would have signed with one of last years conference championship representatives in Buffalo & Green Bay, & not the team who hasn’t made the playoffs since 2015 & whose FO may be on the brink of losing jobs.

You can go where the money is as an FA and still give everything you have to win, be a good leader, good team mate, etc

Just because you care about money doesn't mean you also have to be completely selfish. P2 was all about his stats, his Pro Bowls and his own personal glory.

Put it this way. P2 would rather have an INT or Pick Six while allowing sub 50% completion and lose the game than give up 100 yards and win.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anquan is a HOF receiver, why wouldnt you want him in your ROH?
Don't feel like he was on the team long enough.

There is really only room for like 20 ROH spots, or should be IMO. It's meant for guys like Larry.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Anquan is a HOF receiver, why wouldnt you want him in your ROH?
This seems like Fake News. Three Pro Bowls and no All Pro designations. His closest career comparisons are Derrick Mason and Keenan McCardell.

9th All-time in receptions, but 14th all-time in yards (15th after this season when Julio Jones passes him. Never made the Pro Bowl after he left here.

His 2012 postseason was pretty strong, but he's more important for Cardinals fans as the only bright spot in an otherwise dismal season than anything else.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't feel like he was on the team long enough.

There is really only room for like 20 ROH spots, or should be IMO. It's meant for guys like Larry.

Carson Palmer is in the RoH. If he's there you can make an argument for all these guys.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aeneas Williams ran out the door and badmouthed the team once he was gone. Carson Palmer didn't do anything but get paid by this franchise. He didn't exactly cover himself with glory on his exit from Cincy

Karlos Dansby
I 100% agree with Adrian Wilson
Larry Centers(?)

agree on Dansby and Wilson.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave