Cardinals news for the week of Aug 30, 2021

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A fan, who has plenty of prerogatives to question anything about the team. The only way he gets picked is popularity, at this point, not talent. Leadership is anything but a popularity contest--or shouldn't be.
Leadership has nothing to do with actual talent necessarily either. It has to do with hard work, putting forth the effort, and showing the other guys how it’s done, taking a demotion with grace etc.... all forms of leadership. You literally have no clue if it was just a straight popularity contest that got him the position. ******** to ***** I get it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A fan, who has plenty of prerogatives to question anything about the team. The only way he gets picked is popularity, at this point, not talent. Leadership is anything but a popularity contest--or shouldn't be.
Talent does not equal leadership. That’s an enormous mistake people make all the time.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Talent does not equal leadership. That’s an enormous mistake people make all the time.

Not solely, no, but it plays a part. If you have no appreciable skills, you won't be a leader--or a very good one. But that was only part of my post.

Leadership has nothing to do with actual talent necessarily either. It has to do with hard work, putting forth the effort, and showing the other guys how it’s done, taking a demotion with grace etc.... all forms of leadership. You literally have no clue if it was just a straight popularity contest that got him the position. ******** to ***** I get it.

Sure, that's a big part of it, but it's not all of it. I'm not sure what the swearing was supposed to be about, as the end of your post doesn't parse.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kinda like Rudy ?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
And she grew up here.
if you havent checked out the Dave Pasch podcast, its worth your while

she was on one of the episodes (frankly, that one was just ok)

-- father was military so she moved around. Early childhood in Washington state-- couple other stops before high school in Gilbert.

i liked the fact that K1:

1. knows she is a seahawk fan and is bothered by it, and
2. called out the Cards VP of Media on his twitter feed for it

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Likely's a TE, so I doubt it. Makes more sense that he was there to scout, as a possible first-round pick, the lesser-known cousin to Haile Selassie: ILBer Haile Unlikely.

Yeah. I was impressed by the video of this big, mobile tight end catching passes and bowling over people.

Wait, was that a joke? I haven't had my coffee.