Cardinals left tackle D.J. Humphries expects to be ready for start of season

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My concern isn't the START of the season, it's finishing it that's the problem. I know injuries happen but he just seems to be snakebit more than some.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My concern isn't the START of the season, it's finishing it that's the problem. I know injuries happen but he just seems to be snakebit more than some.
#1, that’s why I hope ARZ takes an OT that can play both spots instead of a guy who’s strictly a RT. Because at some point you would expect Humphries to miss some time.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At now he has been mediocre at best

But he was a
Keim first round pick, so, not much expectations

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
What are the chances Bradford and Humphries play 3 games together? Hell, I think there's a better chance they both go down on the same play.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
In his short stints you could clearly see why Keim fell in love with him in the draft. Could be a great LT for many years, one of the most important positions in the game.

Humphries has to do everything in his power and even more to stay healthy. He has to work out, eat, drink and sleep the right way to finally reach his incredibly high ceiling, which is franchise LT.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dear God, are we insane to have put all of our LT eggs in this injury-prone basket. I forgot he only had 7 plays last year. Ugh! I'm revising my opinion on playing Rosen year one. As our FO didn't do diddly to fix the OL, I don't want Rosen SNIFFING the field this season!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dear God, are we insane to have put all of our LT eggs in this injury-prone basket. I forgot he only had 7 plays last year. Ugh! I'm revising my opinion on playing Rosen year one. As our FO didn't do diddly to fix the OL, I don't want Rosen SNIFFING the field this season!

I would say adding two new starters and drafting a young OL in the third round is not doing diddly to fix the OL. There wasn't exactly options out there for a new LT in free agency, or at least one that could fit under the cap.

The Cardinals are going to be in much better shape financially once dead money clears and Rosen becomes the starter.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would say adding two new starters and drafting a young OL in the third round is not doing diddly to fix the OL. There wasn't exactly options out there for a new LT in free agency, or at least one that could fit under the cap.

The Cardinals are going to be in much better shape financially once dead money clears and Rosen becomes the starter.

According to OvertheCap, the Cards are already sitting on over $15.7 million in cap space. What options did we miss because we lacked the cap space?

The Cards have D.J. Humphries as starting OT because they (somehow) still believe that he can be a top-shelf starting left tackle. This is probably his last chance to prove that he can stay healthy — at least with this franchise. I have my doubts.

Humphries did play 204 offensive snaps last year; it's just that he went down with that MCL, so he only played 7 healthy snaps. It's weird that the article doesn't clarify that, but in general that article is poorly written.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
According to OvertheCap, the Cards are already sitting on over $15.7 million in cap space. What options did we miss because we lacked the cap space?

The Cards have D.J. Humphries as starting OT because they (somehow) still believe that he can be a top-shelf starting left tackle. This is probably his last chance to prove that he can stay healthy — at least with this franchise. I have my doubts.

Humphries did play 204 offensive snaps last year; it's just that he went down with that MCL, so he only played 7 healthy snaps. It's weird that the article doesn't clarify that, but in general that article is poorly written.

Ah, that does clarify a bit. Still.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This team has so many if statements, but, IF Humphries turns into a top 12 NFL LT, and IF Rosen can stay healthy, ...we have almost all of the key positions on a roster set.

QB
LT
Pass Rusher
CB

A lot of huge IFs, but we will hit big IF it comes into fruition.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Right but you sign a LT IF one is available and that money is all gone. I'm fine with the team's current cap situation as it looks like they will have flexibility in the next few years.

notdeadyet

Reaction score
In this age of exotic blitz packages, the superstar LT is less important than in the past. A quick - twitch offense is the best way to beat the pass rush, which means a smart QB and receivers who can all read a defense. Adding that FB to mix it up will help as well...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ok smartymcsmartface, which LT would you have signed? If you are going to make snide comments back it up or shut yer trap. :p

As many have said, I prolly would've kept Veldheer and one of the Browns. You're the one who brought up cap space as a limiting factor. :shrug: