Cardinals @ Jaguars postgame thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I watched some of the All 22. It's really something the NFL should make available to everyone because I don;t think anyone can really judge a game until you can see it all.

There were a bunch of times we had guys open downfield and Kyler took the quick underneath throw. Has great as he has been his biggest weakness is lack of patience in a clean pocket. There have been several throws where we got 6 to Edmonds but there was 25 available to Kirk or Moore but just doesn't go through his reads or look their direction.

After watching it back I'm a little less critical of Kliff. I can see why he was frustrated and why some that led to some of the decisions he made, even though it shouldn't. Not including the FG try of course.
If I had to guess its similar to what happened last year. Once those ints started adding up he started checking down more despite open wrs (think Panthers game last year)
Here's Kyler's INT. Really not sure what he's thinking here unless he someone didn't see the deep safety.

You must be registered for see images attach
Probably impatient on that one. Either should have sold the idea he was going to AJ Green and then come back to Kirk. Or after staring down Kirk just go to AJ Green (I believe)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He sits where he is
sometimes the defense covers a route combo -- this looks like the case and the 5 yard checkdown (on 1st down) was probably the only route

if Rondale comes across on a deep in, then thats there, or, if he pivots out to the sideline, thats there. But the dig is covered and everything else downfield is too

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Shane

So here's the first that stood out. Kyler has a huge pocket. He could have got the barbecue out. He see's Kirk, stares him down for a while and the throw is there. It's not even a tough throw. The safety underneath Kirk is static and Kirk is on the move. He just has to put the ball on the right hashes and it's a possible TD or at least a huge gain.

Kyler is never pressured on this play. He could have waited another another 2 seconds and dropped it on the 50 yard symbol if he wanted but for some reason he bugs out left outside the tackle for about 6 but draws a holding call on Hump because Hump is probably thinking "WTF is he running?"

This is the very next play. Rondale is running an out route to the 30. Again Kyler stares him down, he's wide open for this route and the ball should be out now as in about half a second Rondale is going to look back expecting to see it coming his way. Instead he checks it down to Chase 3 yards away for a tiny gain.

Some might argue about the safety under and over but thats a 20 yard window. Any QB should be capable of dropping the ball on the 30 marker and then you have Rondale in space vs a FS and another possible TD.

And this is the next play after that, this wasn't a good drive by Kyler.

First thing you need to take account of is how clean the pocket is. There's no need to rush a decision here. When the ball is snapped he looks left for about half a second and then goes right and throws it to a very tightly covered AJ Green.

Kirk has a massive windows on the numbers. If Kyler throws him a lead he's away for a TD. Instead we end up short of the sticks, he throws the next play away and we punt.

This was by far his worse drive. I think this was in Q2 when we were 7-0 up. Up to this point Kliff was using a lot of Moore and Kirk but Kyler just wasn;t throwing it. The very next drive was nearly all 21 personnel or 12. Moore or Kirk barely played a snap. I think Kliff intended to use them both much more, especially Moore, but for some reason Kyler was just off.

these are all throws you have to make as an NFL QB. Especially against teams like the Rams.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
am i the only one who frets how quickly K1 flips the ball after crossing the goal line and thinks there is a ball flip before crossing the goal line in the future?
I was actually nervous of watching the replay thinking he might have gave it up before crossing.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@Shane

So here's the first that stood out. Kyler has a huge pocket. He could have got the barbecue out. He see's Kirk, stares him down for a while and the throw is there. It's not even a tough throw. The safety underneath Kirk is static and Kirk is on the move. He just has to put the ball on the right hashes and it's a possible TD or at least a huge gain.

Kyler is never pressured on this play. He could have waited another another 2 seconds and dropped it on the 50 yard symbol if he wanted but for some reason he bugs out left outside the tackle for about 6 but draws a holding call on Hump because Hump is probably thinking "WTF is he running?"

This is the very next play. Rondale is running an out route to the 30. Again Kyler states him down, he's wide open for this route and the ball should be out now as in about half a second Rondale is going to look back expecting to see it coming his way. Instead he checks it down to Chase 3 yards away for a tiny gain.

Some might argue about the safety under and over but thats a 20 yard window. Any QB should be capable of dropping the ball on the 30 marker and then you have Rondale in space vs a FS and another possible TD.

First thing you need to take account of is how clean the pocket is. There's no need to rush a decision here. When the ball is snapped he looks left for about half a second and then goes right and throws it to a very tightly covered AJ Green.

Kirk has a massive windows on the numbers. If Kyler throws him a lead he's away for a TD. Instead we end up short of the sticks, he throws the next play away and we punt.

This was by far his worse drive. I think this was in Q2 when we were 7-0 up. Up to this point Kliff was using a lot of Moore and Kirk but Kyler just wasn;t throwing it. The very next drive was nearly all 21 personnel or 12. Moore or Kirk barely played a snap. I think Kliff intended to use them both much more, especially Moore, but for some reason Kyler was just off.
Anyway you can make a GIF of that last screenshot/vid. Cause Im wondering if this is a case of the safety seeing Kyler stare down Green thats why Kirk looks more open. Not doubting you. Just looking at where Kyler is positioned it seemed like AJ was his #1.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyway you can make a GIF of that last screenshot/vid. Cause Im wondering if this is a case of the safety seeing Kyler stare down Green thats why Kirk looks more open. Not doubting you. Just looking at where Kyler is positioned it seemed like AJ was his #1.

I don't know how at the moment but I can tell you the Jags are in 2 high pre snap and that safety in question starts at the the bottom of the screen. The 2nd FS that starts on Kirks side has moved down and is nearly crashing into his own linebacker at the 30. Not sure why he's done that.

The FS does start his movement by following the QB's eyes and heading towards Kirks side but he could never get there if the pass is accurate.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Try this

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Try this

Hmm. I can see him fitting the ball in there to Kirk. However, once he saw the safety move I guess he figured its safer to just take the 1 on 1 on the outside.

The Rodgers of the world take that throw. However, I kinda figured after the 2 int game he'd want to be safer with the football (which he was outside the bonehead int)

Im not to upset about this one. He should have thrown it to Moore on that other plays though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm. I can see him fitting the ball in there to Kirk. However, once he saw the safety move I guess he figured its safer to just take the 1 on 1 on the outside.

The Rodgers of the world take that throw. However, I kinda figured after the 2 int game he'd want to be safer with the football (which he was outside the bonehead int)

Im not to upset about this one. He should have thrown it to Moore on that other plays though.

I think there are a bunch of QBs in the league make that throw. If anything the tight window throw to Green he chose instead is more risky.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here's Kyler's INT. Really not sure what he's thinking here unless he someone didn't see the deep safety.

I don’t know how that can be the case given if you draw a line from Murray to his intended receiver and keep extending the line it almost literally hits the deep safety.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tom Brady’s plot is insane given the zero TO Worthy Play Rate. After him it’s likely Murray’s is second best almost 3-1 though some may want to err with Russell Wilson.

Reaction score
@Shane

This is the very next play. Rondale is running an out route to the 30. Again Kyler stares him down, he's wide open for this route and the ball should be out now as in about half a second Rondale is going to look back expecting to see it coming his way. Instead he checks it down to Chase 3 yards away for a tiny gain.

these are all throws you have to make as an NFL QB. Especially against teams like the Rams.

Just think how good he will be when he starts seeing these & throwing to the correct receivers. He's pretty damn good now missing open receivers like this.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Just think how good he will be when he starts seeing these & throwing to the correct receivers. He's pretty damn good now missing open receivers like this.
Three years in he shouldn’t be missing these any longer. Kyler is a very good QB, but he will never be great until he actually sees/ anticipates these plays instead of reacting to therm.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Three years in he shouldn’t be missing these any longer. Kyler is a very good QB, but he will never be great until he actually sees/ anticipates these plays instead of reacting to therm.
I can upload an All 22 of Tom Brady not seeing several open wrs downfield. It happens. The key is for it to not happen all game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems to me Murray couldn't see Kirk due to the linemen in front of him & threw to Green because of a clean site line?

Maybe but he has so much time.

The correct read here is when he sees the 2nd free safety crash down at the snap he should look at Green to freeze the deep safety on that side then throws to a wide open Kirk.

In my opinion that's intermediate level QB play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA