Cardinals Flight Plan : Buckle Up

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I loved it, really enjoy flight plan, the producers do an amazing job. I couldn't imagine being Michael Bidwill the day he had all of those events to do to start the episode. He really seems determined to do whatever it takes to make this work & I hope it does. I love the fresh, new young coach & coordinator energy, maybe this will be the right combination to eventually get us to a SB.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
early on, i was concerned. the whole "follow Mike for the day" thing -- while interesting was kinda cringy with the map

as it got into hiring Gannon and assistants, it improved.

Gannon to me is like Football Tony Robbins ( i mean this in a good way)

his statement "winning is an outcome". That is very Bill Walsh fwiw.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Michael is such a thirsty rube.

Monti wants nothing to do with this. I don't know how often we'll see him going forward. That's fine, as long as he does the job. Keim definitely wanted to be out front.

The challenge for Jonathan Gannon is that he's been failing upward his entire life, basically. You hire experienced people because they know what does (and doesn't) work when you're in a five-game losing streak. They've seen the answers to more questions because they've seen thousands of additional game scenarios.

It sounds like they're going to try and work around that by having high-level conversations about hypothetical scenarios. I guess that works; it'll have to or we'll be doing this exercise again in four years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael is such a thirsty rube.

Monti wants nothing to do with this. I don't know how often we'll see him going forward. That's fine, as long as he does the job. Keim definitely wanted to be out front.

The challenge for Jonathan Gannon is that he's been failing upward his entire life, basically. You hire experienced people because they know what does (and doesn't) work when you're in a five-game losing streak. They've seen the answers to more questions because they've seen thousands of additional game scenarios.

It sounds like they're going to try and work around that by having high-level conversations about hypothetical scenarios. I guess that works; it'll have to or we'll be doing this exercise again in four years.

Seems like a huge stretch.

You get "Monti wants nothing to do with this" from one episode? I'd almost guarantee there will be at least one episode thats totally focused on him.

How has Gannon been failing upwards?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Seems like a huge stretch.

You get "Monti wants nothing to do with this" from one episode? I'd almost guarantee there will be at least one episode thats totally focused on him.

How has Gannon been failing upwards?
I believe he was literally the only guy not to speak to camera and literally closed the door on the camera during his brief time on screen.

One example of failing upwards is losing the Super Bowl and being named head coach of a team two days later. Another is being the DBs coach for the 19th-ranked passing defense and getting hired as defensive coordinator.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I believe he was literally the only guy not to speak to camera and literally closed the door on the camera during his brief time on screen.

One example of failing upwards is losing the Super Bowl and being named head coach of a team two days later. Another is being the DBs coach for the 19th-ranked passing defense and getting hired as defensive coordinator.
Ah, yes. We all know only coaches from the Super Bowl winning team ever succeed in the NFL.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Failing upwards though? That's 99% of promotions since 31 teams don't win the SB. Quite a stretch there.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Failing upwards though? That's 99% of promotions since 31 teams don't win the SB. Quite a stretch there.
Are you being intentionally obtuse? Losing the Super Bowl is not the same as not winning the Super Bowl?

How many coaches lose the Super Bowl and are immediately promoted? Kyle Shanahan already had the San Francisco job when the Falcons marvelously choked against New England. Eric Bieniemy and Steve Spagnuolo were still in Kansas City the year after getting boatraced by Tampa.

Zac Taylor, I guess?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are you being intentionally obtuse? Losing the Super Bowl is not the same as not winning the Super Bowl?

How many coaches lose the Super Bowl and are immediately promoted? Kyle Shanahan already had the San Francisco job when the Falcons marvelously choked against New England. Eric Bieniemy and Steve Spagnuolo were still in Kansas City the year after getting boatraced by Tampa.

Zac Taylor, I guess?

Do you get your rocks off being a dic*head all the time at the the very slightest of pushbacks?

If losing a SB is failing, then not even reaching the SB is definitely failing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Zac Taylor, I guess?
I think it's a silly take overall.

Coaches are judged by a lot more than just onfield performance.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Hmm seems a paltry data set for “failing upward his entire life…”

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's one episode. Everyone except Mike, Gannon, Petzing and Rallis didn't speak to camera. Monti has been settling in and trying to restructure a dozen things so not surprising he hasn't had time.

How is hiring Gannon from the losing SB team worse than the 95% of coaches hired from teams that didn't make the SB? DeMeco must really suck.

I'm not sure how he's responsible for the 19th ranked defense as a DB coach when he didn't call plays, provide the scheme or coach all the other position groups.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose