Cardinals @ Cowboys postgame thread

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I should add Wisconsin is a hot bed for MMA and lots of UFC fighters here. They own gyms and promote their own fighters in these local events. So they are good and competitive. Lots of x- UFC and belatore fights in these cards for the main events.

:hijack:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering that too. The play just didn't work. It would be interesting to see if an assignment was missed.

My guess is he was mad at Kirk. If you watch the replay Kirk runs a route from the left underneath just past the LOS, and Ertz comes from the right to the left. I'd bet anything Kirk is supposed to screen or pick 55 who was covering Ertz, he ran right past him. You can kind of see Ertz even look back after the play like he's wondering what Kirk was doing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
None of us called him that. Literally not one. Lol
And we wonder why there are arguments on the board? It’s one thing for people to have common disagreements, but when people mischaracterize other peoples positions or put words in their mouths it raises the rancor to another level. Imo it’s purposeful trolling to start fights.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I should add Wisconsin is a hot bed for MMA and lots of UFC fighters here. They own gyms and promote their own fighters in these local events. So they are good and competitive. Lots of x- UFC and belatore fights in these cards for the main events.

:hijack:
Makes sense...All those frozen months, couped up indoors. Makes you wanna kick the crap out of anyone who gets in your way.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
After rewatching the game, a few final thoughts to add:

1. Had to be Byron Murphy's worst game of his pro career. By a mile. I honestly cannot ever recall seeing a CB beaten so badly on so many plays. He wasn't just beaten, he was barely in the picture frame most of the time Prescott threw his way. Wow. I don't want to over react, because it's just one game, but that was a little disconcerting.

2. Maybe he gets better, but Josh Jones is still not a starting NFL tackle. Rough rough game, albeit against a very good DAL front seven. It's not just getting beaten pass pro, but its also the penalties. Two more important ones in this game. IMO, right now he's not the answer at RT after Beachum leaves.

3. With his holder and long-snapper back in place, Prater was a machine vs. DAL. Not just going four for four, but every kick going straight down the middle. It was an impressive display, truly. Would like to see him make his next clutch kick, but on Sunday he restored a big chuck of lost confidence.

4. Rodney Hudson is an okay-to-good run-blocker, but where he really makes a difference vs. the likes of Mason Cole, or even a guy like Lyle Sendlien, is in pass pro. He practically never get's pushed back to the QB more than a step or two, and so I think that's why K1 has been able to climb the pocket much better this year.

5. I listened to the Fox broadcast commentary, and while there was a moment or two where Aikman got a little too excited about something DAL did, he also heaped plenty of praise on, and was very knowledgeable about, the Cardinals. Reading the game thread, I thought I would hear Troy droning on and on about how great were the Cowboys, but that was not the case. Also, I think Joe Buck likes the Cardinals a little, which makes sense when you consider his Father's primary occupation.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I like Aikman more than Romo/Collinsworth as color guys. I like Nance/Michaels more than Buck as PBP guys.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Aikman more than Romo/Collinsworth as color guys. I like Nance/Michaels more than Buck as PBP guys.
Aikman is one of the most boring. He mostly just states the obvious.

Reactions: PJ1

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

My favorite announcing crews are the ones who don’t get in the way or I don’t really have to think about. Romo predicting plays or Collinsworth going on about how great and average QB is doesn’t do anything for me.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He finds it necessary to second-guess virtually every officiating call. Then after the replay usually admits he was wrong to question it.

SNF crew has the advantage of seeing new teams each week so their broadcast isn't rehashed baloney like Buck & Aikman.

Reactions: PJ1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this game was the definition of Fool's Gold.