Cardinals at Titans PS 3 8-27-22

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A very reactive perspective. Waiting til you see it will likely ensure you are correct, but you are also putting yourself in a position where you little you can do about it.

I'm not the GM am I?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No, but spent an awful lot of time defending his inaction during the meat of free agency and criticizing those who had the foresight to see what you’ve now discovered when there was time and material to do something about it.
Let's break it down WHY we might have seen inaction during free agency:

1. Resting on their laurels. They feel they were good enough last year and it didn't warrant spending to get better.

2. Cash poor. Even though they could manipulate the cap to free up space, they didn't have the cash at hand to spend.

3. Complete incompetence. They don't understand they could manipulate the cap.

While there are other possibilities, these three are the most likely. Of the three reasons, I'd say #3 is very unlikely, because we have seen the Cardinals manipulate the cap in prior years.

I'd guess #1 is the most likely. Kyler's cost of extension was a big unknown and once that was completed, they had the money to do more. This would beg the question, why didn't they get it done sooner?

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
I’d cut Ward over Eno, despite his ST value. I still think Benjamin can be of value returning KOs as well

Eno had a fabulous catch of a poorly thrown ball that could’ve been a TD if it was thrown anywhere around the numbers. I’ve never seen Ward make any type of play like that on offense. Just sayin
That is a valid point, but I'm not sure the 3rd RB will get many touches on offense, so I think ST should be more of a priority for the spot.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Let's break it down WHY we might have seen inaction during free agency:

1. Resting on their laurels. They feel they were good enough last year and it didn't warrant spending to get better.

2. Cash poor. Even though they could manipulate the cap to free up space, they didn't have the cash at hand to spend.

3. Complete incompetence. They don't understand they could manipulate the cap.

While there are other possibilities, these three are the most likely. Of the three reasons, I'd say #3 is very unlikely, because we have seen the Cardinals manipulate the cap in prior years.

I'd guess #1 is the most likely. Kyler's cost of extension was a big unknown and once that was completed, they had the money to do more. This would beg the question, why didn't they get it done sooner?
Could it be we are still working to take a CB with a decent cap hit via trade?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave