Cardinals at Panthers gameday thread 10-4-20

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the future Cardinals need cornerbacks in the plural.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The hell is Patrick PEDerson paying y’all?

It’s not as simple as this guy sucks.

our DC is working against us. Guys don’t even have to work to get open against our defense. He gots guys playing 10 yards off. It’s pretty much a prevent in the 1st quarter

the secondary and pass rush go hand in hand. I don’t care how good your secondary is any NFL QB is going to find somebody when he has all day to throw.

when you can’t get a pass rush with your front 3 or 4 you have manufacture it with scheme and exotic packages. Keep em guessing

so take the fact we aren’t getting any pressure and doing nothing to manufacture pressure combine that with asking your CB’s to play 10 yards off the ball your pretty much conceding to getting ate up 8 yards at a time.

it’s just the most insane defense I’ve ever seen. It’s jaw dropping how stupid it is

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A high completion percentage is easy when you're only throwing the ball laterally or five yards down the field.
If you watched any of his footage from college, he is hardly a check down quarterback. But yes.. he is being that this year for the most part. Nonetheless...as they say....you take what the defense gives you. Defenses have adjusted to him. Now it's his time to figure it out. It's a chess game. Kyler is going through typical second year struggles. He absolutely has to raise his play... But to act like this isn't to be expected to some degree is insane imo.
You mean Hopkins wasn’t acquired for Kylers benefit?
I'm sure he was.. Larry, (as much as some here may not like this) can't do much at all anymore with his lack of speed. I can't even imagine how porous this group would be without Dhop.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not as simple as this guy sucks.

our DC is working against us. Guys don’t even have to work to get open against our defense. He gots guys playing 10 yards off. It’s pretty much a prevent in the 1st quarter

the secondary and pass rush go hand in hand. I don’t care how good your secondary is any NFL QB is going to find somebody when he has all day to throw.

when you can’t get a pass rush with your front 3 or 4 you have manufacture it with scheme and exotic packages. Keep em guessing

so take the fact we aren’t getting any pressure and doing nothing to manufacture pressure combine that with asking your CB’s to play 10 yards off the ball your pretty much conceding to getting ate up 8 yards at a time.

it’s just the most insane defense I’ve ever seen. It’s jaw dropping how stupid it is
But when Peterson was asked to play tight he gets left in the dust on crossing routes and an overthrow cost the Panthers against him. Not to mention a couple of sissy non -tackles that allowed Extra yards.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

·
4m

Kingsbury on Isaiah Simmons playing sparingly despite the defensive injuries: “We’re still trying to work him in. We want to put him in positions to be successful, to understand our scheme. It’s a work in progress still."
Such a cluster. I definitely don't blame the young man one bit. I feel sorry for most young cats who come through this organization tbh.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

·
4m

Kingsbury on Isaiah Simmons playing sparingly despite the defensive injuries: “We’re still trying to work him in. We want to put him in positions to be successful, to understand our scheme. It’s a work in progress still."

The players that have been here years don't understand this scheme

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

·
4m

Kliff, God bless you man, but I don't think anyone on this team understands Vance's defense.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Pics from the game yesterday.

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
A few things that stuck out to me in a pretty sad performance:

Why the hell are we not throwing deeper passes to Dhop? No redzone throws either? Dhop rarely goes to the huddle and 9/10 Murray didn't even look to his side when the ball was snapped. It was crazy and frustrating to watch.

Streveler is always ready. He is up, jogging, throwing, etc...constantly. He doesn't look like a QB (body type) but the dude throws a really nice ball (warmups).

I watched Simmons as much as I could but unfortunately, he was mostly on the sidelines. I watched him rush the passer twice as an OLB (RT) and then drop into deep coverage pre-snap (those were both false starts IIRC). I think he made 1 tackle IIRC.

The Panthers ran the same RB to the flat play to the right 4 or 5 times. 2 times it was on Riley (TD) and then a big gain to start the 2nd half. You know by the coaches reaction when they took him out that they had just discussed this issue at halftime.

The frustrating part was that we seemed outcoached on defense. We had them in several 3rd and long situations and we just couldn't stop them (1 punt and 1 INT).

Chandler Jones couldn't get pressure and our blitzes were awful (not even close to getting there).

Fotu is a large human being and really seemed to play well.

COVID observation - when a ball goes into the stands (endzone), they get that ball back and it goes from one guy to another to another to the sideline. I didn't see anyone cleaning it either. Fans could certainly have COVID and that ball could be contaminated. Might be a gap in their protocol.

Final note - really weird being in a stadium with 5k people. 2nd and 3rd levels were completely empty and the first 7 rows were blocked off from lower level. Lots of Cardinals fans though and we sat right in front of Dhop's grandparents. Peterson came over and gave an autograph before the game to a little kid wearing his jersey and Fitz gave his gloves to his brother after warm-ups. Banner day for those boys!

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Kyle Odegard
⁦‪@Kyle_Odegard‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Kingsbury on why he stuck with horizontal passes against the Panthers when they weren't working: “I’m not sure. That’s the only answer. We didn’t have a good enough plan in place to make the plays down the field that we would have liked to, and that falls on me."

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Kyle Odegard
⁦‪@Kyle_Odegard‬⁩

Kingsbury on why he stuck with horizontal passes against the Panthers when they weren't working: “I’m not sure. That’s the only answer. We didn’t have a good enough plan in place to make the plays down the field that we would have liked to, and that falls on me."

Is it too early to say that I'm already tired of hearing Kliff say "It's on me." "I need to call better plays..."
:mad:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Kyle Odegard
⁦‪@Kyle_Odegard‬⁩

Kingsbury on why he stuck with horizontal passes against the Panthers when they weren't working: “I’m not sure. That’s the only answer. We didn’t have a good enough plan in place to make the plays down the field that we would have liked to, and that falls on me."[/QUOTE.

I could handle some horizontal pass plays only if we threw more vertical ones

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Kyle Odegard
⁦‪@Kyle_Odegard‬⁩

What an absolutely pathetic answer that fully self-exposes he is in over his head. Wow!

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why an absolutely pathetic answer that fully self-exposes he is in over his head. Wow!
Just remember when you're overly worried about the QB..

The HC is still learning the NFL as well. Not only that he's still learning how to win in general(35-40 in college).

Growing pains.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Frustrating part is that McCaffery didn’t even play and he’s their entire offense. :bang::bang::bang: