Cardinals at Buccaneers gameday thread 11-10-19

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok well why was DJ even in the game? What had he done to that point? He obviously didn’t see the field after that.

And what does any of that have to do with completely butchering the clock management at the end of the game?

I like coach, but I need to see that he is getting better. I need to see that the team as whole is getting better. The handling of the clock at the end was atrocious.

Today against another bad team I did not see that. In fact I saw a regression. That leaves me with some serious questions going into a much tougher portion of the schedule.

Again, last year is ancient history. Time to stop bringing it up and using it as any kind of measuring stick. Never mind that it’s as completely a pathetic measuring stick could possibly exist.
At the NFL level, the QB calls the plays in the 2 min offense at the LOS...not the coach.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
At the NFL level, the QB calls the plays in the 2 min offense at the LOS...not the coach.

?

Are you sure about that? I’ll, umm, just leave that one alone...

Anyway, my main beef was the management of the clock after the PI that gave TB 1st and goal. It was completely butchered. We had 3 timeouts none of which were used to maximum effectiveness and at least 40 seconds of game clock were out right wasted.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
?

Are you sure about that? I’ll, umm, just leave that one alone...

Anyway, my main beef was the management of the clock after the PI that gave TB 1st and goal. It was completely butchered. We had 3 timeouts none of which were used to maximum effectiveness and at least 40 seconds of game clock were out right wasted.

We had 2. 1 was used due to injury. Not that I disagree with you

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There were two and one had to be used for the injury.

So you have 1 timeout. You know if the ball is catched you need the last Timeout to get the FG... the time doesn't stop with the #1 down.

The clock Management wasn't that bad.

The game on O wasn't that bad.

The Cebras were awful all game long.

The D was awful half the game and didn't step up.

Goats: DJ, PP, the D as whole and VJ.
VJ is probably one of the worst DC I withnessed the last years, gosh even last years D had more stops and a better D. ZoneVJ is anoying.

Overall there weren't much calls for us that weren't there but there were some for the Bucs ... I do not know if that is only a fan opinion but when th commentator starts to figuring it out, it might not.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
There were two and one had to be used for the injury.

So you have 1 timeout. You know if the ball is catched you need the last Timeout to get the FG... the time doesn't stop with the #1 down.

The clock Management wasn't that bad.

The game on O wasn't that bad.

The Cebras were awful all game long.

The D was awful half the game and didn't step up.

Goats: DJ, PP, the D as whole and VJ.
VJ is probably one of the worst DC I withnessed the last years, gosh even last years D had more stops and a better D. ZoneVJ is anoying.

Overall there weren't much calls for us that weren't there but there were some for the Bucs ... I do not know if that is only a fan opinion but when th commentator starts to figuring it out, it might not.

Not quite. Had 3. 1st lost due to injury, 2nd happened at the stop at the goal line. There just seemed to be a lot of confusion after 3rd down and nobody seems to know why

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score

So here’s the thing... I was saying let them score as soon as the PI was “decided”

Even if a guy somehow gets hurt while letting the other team score a TD it doesn’t cost you a TO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my biggest problem was that today, coming off a ten days in between games, coming off a tough fight with the Niners, playing a BAD Bucs team, we looked like the SOC (Same Old Cards) for the first time this season. We made so many terrible errors: Kyler's first air-mail of a wide-open TD in the first quarter, Max Williams completely pathetic drop, and then a 4th quarter filled with the dreariness of DJ's fumble in the redzone right after being gifted a fumble, Kyler's interception hanger in the red zone up 4 with 5 minutes left, the defense rolling over and dying on a 92 yard drive to give up the lead and the mind-numbingly awful playing calling and clock management with 1:43 left.

that was a terrible team we played today that was trying to hand us the game and we could take it and shot ourselves in the foot so many times they were basically like Dorf On Football at the end.

really disappointing.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
They almost ran out the play clock in the two minute offense, WITH THE GAME CLOCK RUNNING. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They almost ran out the play clock in the two minute offense, WITH THE GAME CLOCK RUNNING. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

It's us. We set records for the wrong things.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
There were at least 10 plays any one of which would have won the game if it went the other way.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
players got to make plays. Like I’ve said is it KK fault David Johnson fumbled? Or Williams dropped a pass? Or Sherfield fell down?

by the way this team is light years better than last

Yes the record is not much better but this team is better and moving in the right direction.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

·
3m

With a game left in Week 10, the #AZCardinals had three of the fastest 13 ballcarriers, according to
@NextGenStats
:

4. Christian Kirk 69-yd TD, 21.21 mph
7. Kirk 33-yard TD, 20.93 mph
13. Andy Isabella 55-yard catch, 20.31 mph

The Chiefs' Mecole Hardman was tops at 21.87 mph.

So we finally get to see C. Kirk light up a bad defense. What a game!

If we can get one more good year out of Fitz, continue to bring Izzy along, and maybe develop one more guy from the current mix (e.g. Butler or K Johnson) into a legit #4, in 2020 we might have enough horsepower on the offensive side of the ball to make a legit run at the playoffs. This, without drafting Cee Dee or Judey.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Keep doing what your doing- keep getting what your getting - pass like your hair is on fire- 3 and outs
stupid football

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose