Cardinals are signing LB Ramik Wilson

Rottweiler

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the dline in a 3-4 defense is meant to occupy blockers allowing linebackers to make plays. hard for any linebacker to make plays when olineman are getting to the second level regularly and our dline is not doing what they need to do.

agree for sure. Its sort of like a great O-Line can make an average QB look above average.

I stil haven't seen an answer to the question: "Why did Cincy run over us on its opening drive, who was responsible and what adjustments were made to stop the bleeding.

Answer may have something to do with our LB play (or not).

Yeah, i agree. For some reason they just seemed to clog up the middle better. I'm guessing a scheme change to adjust to the O-line blocking but not sure.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stil haven't seen an answer to the question: "Why did Cincy run over us on its opening drive, who was responsible and what adjustments were made to stop the bleeding.

Answer may have something to do with our LB play (or not).

The defensive line shifted and lined up more over center. This meant that there wasn't a free offensive lineman to attack the second level.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
agree for sure. Its sort of like a great O-Line can make an average QB look above average.

Yeah, i agree. For some reason they just seemed to clog up the middle better. I'm guessing a scheme change to adjust to the O-line blocking but not sure.
Well Gunter ended up being the PFF top graded Cards defender...so clogging the middle may have been him stepping up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Where I have reconciled Reddick and Budda Baker is that I think they can be starters on a good defense if they are the 8th to 11th best players on it. If you start at that premise and move forward that their lack of productivity should enable them to be retained at a lesser cost, the idea of these two being long term defensive players is not a terrible one.

1-Chandler Jones
2-Patrick Peterson
3-Byron Murphy
4-Jordan Hicks
5-Corey Peters
6-
7-
8-
9-Budda Baker
10-Haason Reddick
11-Terrell Suggs

Or issue is needing one more top end player, and the middle group. Also, having no legitimate DEs is an issue.

Splitting hairs, but Peters is better than Hicks.

He is probably the most underrated Cardinal. Beats his man often and gets a nasty bull rush. Another DL like him and the Cardinals would have a pretty good DL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Splitting hairs, but Peters is better than Hicks.

He is probably the most underrated Cardinal. Beats his man often and gets a nasty bull rush. Another DL like him and the Cardinals would have a pretty good DL.
I didn't really rank them in terms of separating them 1, 2, 3 as it was more about giving some visual tiers.

I would agree. Peters is a very good player.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Keim has let way too many of these lower tier and mid tier guys go.
I agree. I think our roster would look a hell of a lot better if we had kept

Alex Okafor
Markus Golden
Josh Mauro
Olson Pierre
Jaron Brown
Darren Fells
Evan Boehm

None of these guys are great players, but they would not have cost a lot and would have at least built the depth of the roster. they keep you from having to sign Brooks Reed, Darius Philon, Clinton McDonald, Terrell Suggs, Michael Crabtree, Charles Clay, and Max Garcia.

That isn't even mentioning Mathieu, Campbell, Jefferson, and Massie.

I have said this before, but Keim has consistently created roster holes without having anything proven on the roster to fill them.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Who better than Joe Walker

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave