Cardinals announce they have released Hopkins - Signed with Titans

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, his official release should have been 70 minutes ago (4pm EST)...why hasn't he signed with anyone yet?
Why didn’t anyone trade for him at the last second like was being suggested as a crafty move by the cards like the raiders with Hudson? Oh, because it wasn’t really a crafty play that netted anything.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Funny how Hop still has a Cardinal banner on twitter. All these players over the years delete all their Cardinal pictures when they want new contracts or burned bridges but he still has his on his Twitter.
After publicly pooping all over and abandoning the franchise that was more than willing to accommodate the trade request - the banner might be intentional - trying to make it look like he's some loyal guy

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Funny how Hop still has a Cardinal banner on twitter. All these players over the years delete all their Cardinal pictures when they want new contracts or burned bridges but he still has his on his Twitter.
He's still getting paid by the Cards? :shrug:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Posters have literally suggested we'd be able to have a 100 million cap spending spree in FA next offseason. Aside from that being a very bad idea, it means we're going to still have plenty of cap space next offseason. We're already incredible cash misers as the Cards; we don't have to be incredible cap misers too. We're not keeping our powder dry here.

Also, 9 mill is in no way, shape, or form signing a couple of nice players in any year now. That's scrub to backup money nowadays.
You do realize that Allen and Murphy's cap hit this year combined is less than 9 million. I think you were advocating for those two to be re-signed so now they are scrubs??

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Interesting.
Bro Bible (whatever that is) chasing clicks with an aggregator headline. Here’s the underlying story:

Nothing there that we’re not talking about outside an incendiary quote from an anonymous exec who is probably Monti.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score

I fault Michael Bidwill on many things but can understand his reasons on this one. I wouldn't be eager to open the check book either and pay a huge amount after watching him get suspended for 6 weeks and then refuse to play when healthy later in season.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s the underlying story:

Nothing there that we’re not talking about outside an incendiary quote from an anonymous exec who is probably Monti.
So basically the OBJ deal torpedoed any remaining chances of getting something from another team. I guess I’m guilty of overvaluing DHops worth based off this report as is DHop himself.

Thought for sure he would be worth as much as a second rounder to some team. In the end it was his old contract the held things up and DHops perceived value of himself. His best option right now is to sit out and wait until some contender loses a WR to injury. Then he might make a little more money but probably not close to what he really wants.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I would now like to follow my "Dhop will not play for Az this year" prediction with a new one

Dhop will be top 3 in the NFL this year, might be the best in the League

100+ catches
1200+ yards
20+ touchdowns

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I would now like to follow my "Dhop will not play for Az this year" prediction with a new one

Dhop will be top 3 in the NFL this year, might be the best in the League

100+ catches
1200+ yards
20+ touchdowns
I can see the catches and yards, depending on the team (Not in Buffalo or KC), but not that TD amount...maybe 8-10 TD's and that would still be a good year for him. His most ever was 13 and his yearly average for his career is 7.

My best guess would be 70-80 catches (again, depending on the team)...900-1100 yards...8-10 TD's.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can see the catches and yards, depending on the team (Not in Buffalo or KC), but not that TD amount...maybe 8-10 TD's and that would still be a good year for him. His most ever was 13 and his yearly average for his career is 7.

My best guess would be 70-80 catches (again, depending on the team)...900-1100 yards...8-10 TD's.

You must be registered for see images attach