Cardinals announce they have released Hopkins - Signed with Titans

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, there's a difference...some, like me, ask questions which is just basically reading between the lines and pontificating out loud...there may or may not be the full story and truth. Allen actually used his words, so there shouldn't be a question of "we really can't know"...lol
Oh, if this were a light sider versus a dark sider responding, I might say "Well, he has to say that, but he doesn't necessarily mean it" or some such. Because when anything negative comes up, a lot of posters will twist themselves into logical pretzels to poo poo the negative. But nah, I'm not going to do that. If he says that's why he wants to be there, I'll buy it :)

Stout

Reaction score
Of course, one can dream up a few other options, as you have. All one has to do is ignore DHop insisting he won't take a pay cut and that the Cards refused, quite rightly, to subsidize his departure further. You and others can scream and stomp your feet, but the fact remains that no team was prepared to take on $19.5m in 2023 and the $14m+ in 2024, let alone offer draft compensation. Math is hard, I get it, and it's much easier to sound off ad nauseam ignoring the basic facts of the matter.
LOL I can't even offer up a nice try on that one. Sad attempt to gaslight, but I'm not surprised.

Ah, and now you're eliminating options based on your OPINION of what the Cards should do with the second bolded section. But yeah, I'm dreaming about there being more options. That deserves another hearty LOL If the choice were to pay out some cashy money and get some draft compensation or not, IMO is it's a no brainer. Take more draft compensation.

And when we get to the third bolded remark, we see the trolling insults at full force. Oof at the awful comma splice. As you might reply: "English is hard; I get it." Or: "English is hard. I get it." Also, being a courteous poster is hard; I get it. You should try sometime. This post literally brought nothing new to the table and merely continued your ignorant discourse. But you will keep doing you no matter what.

Stout

Reaction score
Guess I should have been clearer. When Hopkins signs on with a new team, we will know what the team is willing to pay for his services. In a trade they would have had to assume his salary at the current level he was at under the Cardinal contract. The difference will give us an idea of how big a barrier his Cardinal contract was to trading him. Many here are not happy we got nothing for him. Once he signs, the numbers will indicate just how much his contract numbers with the Cardinals prevented any type of trade. I suspect Hopkins is going to find out that what he may see as his value is not going to agree with what he gets in offers from interested teams. I suspect they will be substantially lower than what Hopkins thinks his worth is.
:thumbup:

Stout

Reaction score
Time to go get that 1 yr wonder player :)

Lol i seriously hope cards use cap wisley no boneheaded cards moves aj green part 2 etc..
Ugh. No way we're actually using that much next season. We wasted opportunities to spend some of it moving forward this offseason. So we're either going to get an unwise spending spree next FA period or, much more likely, a bunch of excuses why we need to roll that cap money over again into 2025. And many here will bite on the company line.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOL I can't even offer up a nice try on that one. Sad attempt to gaslight, but I'm not surprised.

Ah, and now you're eliminating options based on your OPINION of what the Cards should do with the second bolded section. But yeah, I'm dreaming about there being more options. That deserves another hearty LOL If the choice were to pay out some cashy money and get some draft compensation or not, IMO is it's a no brainer. Take more draft compensation.

And when we get to the third bolded remark, we see the trolling insults at full force. Oof at the awful comma splice. As you might reply: "English is hard; I get it." Or: "English is hard. I get it." Also, being a courteous poster is hard; I get it. You should try sometime. This post literally brought nothing new to the table and merely continued your ignorant discourse. But you will keep doing you no matter what.

Blather on. It's your thing.

We are still waiting for your additional options that make sense, given that adding $6 to $9m to the $22m 'dead' money hit in return for a mid-round pick instead of rolling this Cap space into 2024 is certifiably bonkers.

Cashy?

Humm... as someone once said: "English is hard; I get it." Or: "English is hard. I get it."

Stout

Reaction score
Blather on. It's your thing.

We are still waiting for your additional options that make sense, given that adding $6 to $9m to the $22m 'dead' money hit in return for a mid-round pick instead of rolling this Cap space into 2024 is certifiably bonkers.

Cashy?

Humm... as someone once said: "English is hard; I get it." Or: "English is hard. I get it."
You're not waiting for jack. I provided other options; you decided they personally don't work for you. That doesn't mean they aren't options.

Cashy money is a reference to the show Firefly. References work as modern colloquialisms. But go on with your pathetic attempts to troll me. Go on pretending the options are only limited to what you think are "smart" options. I know I'll never get through your veneer of self-righteousness. I'll continue just responding to your bad attempts to tear down my posts.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You're not waiting for jack. I provided other options; you decided they personally don't work for you. That doesn't mean they aren't options.

Cashy money is a reference to the show Firefly. References work as modern colloquialisms. But go on with your pathetic attempts to troll me. Go on pretending the options are only limited to what you think are "smart" options. I know I'll never get through your veneer of self-righteousness. I'll continue just responding to your bad attempts to tear down my posts.

If you had actually offered one option that wasn't devoid of common sense, divorced from reality, I would have nothing to say.

Stout

Reaction score
Continued In Thread Bickering
If you had actually offered one option that wasn't devoid of common sense, divorced from reality, I would have nothing to say.
Brother, if you were the judge, jury, and executioner of common sense on this board, there wouldn't be any, ya know, common sense. Keep on keeping on with that belief, though :thumbup:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Continued In Thread Bickering
Brother, if you were the judge, jury, and executioner of common sense on this board, there wouldn't be any, ya know, common sense. Keep on keeping on with that belief, though :thumbup:

Brother, if you were the judge, jury, and executioner of common sense on this board, there wouldn't be any, ya know, common sense. Keep on keeping on with that belief, though.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing D-Hop for nothing was pathetic even with an upside of saving salary later. PATHETIC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Guess I should have been clearer. When Hopkins signs on with a new team, we will know what the team is willing to pay for his services. In a trade they would have had to assume his salary at the current level he was at under the Cardinal contract. The difference will give us an idea of how big a barrier his Cardinal contract was to trading him. Many here are not happy we got nothing for him. Once he signs, the numbers will indicate just how much his contract numbers with the Cardinals prevented any type of trade. I suspect Hopkins is going to find out that what he may see as his value is not going to agree with what he gets in offers from interested teams. I suspect they will be substantially lower than what Hopkins thinks his worth is.
Kind of. Facts are that teams have less cap space now, than when the Cardinals were "shopping him" at the on-set of free agency and pre-draft. Because of this the contracts available to him are more limited.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kind of. Facts are that teams have less cap space now, than when the Cardinals were "shopping him" at the on-set of free agency and pre-draft. Because of this the contracts available to him are more limited.
It'll certainly clarify D-Hop's priorities.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Actually his first sentence in The cons section is 100% just an opinion not a fact in anyway shape or form.

And sentence #2 I’m gathering we do have a C on the team. Just because you may not like who it’s gonna be doesn’t make it a fact ;)
People have questioned the picks. That makes my first comment an absolute fact. You may disagree with their questioning, but it exists nonetheless.

If you count a guy who has played a grand total of three games at center in the nfl as a “center” I guess you’re right. Go crow that argument to the mountains. We do not have a center on this roster. We have guys we hope can play center on this roster.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well, his official release should have been 70 minutes ago (4pm EST)...why hasn't he signed with anyone yet?
Wait... so you're saying Monti's brilliant move to announce the release three days before it could be effectuated didn't result in a team trading for him like we did for Rodney Hudson?

Crazy.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, his official release should have been 70 minutes ago (4pm EST)...why hasn't he signed with anyone yet?
Maybe its a cards seceret strategy to try and resign from real nfl competitve teams :) lol jkin

Sure he ends up on cowgirls bills or cheifs

Man still soooo.bummed on nuk situation he brought it every gm....