Cardinals announce they have released Hopkins - Signed with Titans

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I am sure teams made offers that Monti thought were lowball offers so he rejected them and now here we are. monti hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt
And what if they were asking Monti to still pay for part of Dhop's contract? Because that would definitely be a non starter for Monti

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm guessing the only teams willing to give compensation to the Cards were teams that Hop would refuse to play for. Yes, he's no-trade clause voided with his suspension, but if he makes in known that he won't be happy with the new team, then there is zero incentive for anyone to trade for him at his price tag.
The Cardinals played tough before the draft and are now stuck with zero options. They stepped into n their own dick as they are prone to do.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
And what if they were asking Monti to still pay for part of Dhop's contract? Because that would definitely be a non starter for Monti
Yeah, I can see that. If someone's only offering a 5th or later, but asking you to eat some or most of his contract, might as well just eat the whole thing. It was one thing for Cleveland to basically buy a 2nd rounder a few years ago for a couple of million...a late round draft pick really isn't worth that much much cash consideration.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you are talking about the cards not honouring the contract, you do realise that Hopkins doesn’t want to be here and has forced his way out. This is what he has created for himself. If he wanted to be here the cards would still be paying him.
And how is this different than the Budda situation?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I wonder if there's more to the story

Draft came and went, Gannon said Dhop was Cardinal - Dhop hinted he was staying

The June 1st thing couldn't have been the only motivation as the clock had not run out

This leads me to believe that not only had all trade possibilities been exhausted - but also something may have recently happened internally

Beef or some type of friction. With who? Who knows? But last I checked there were 31 days in May

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I wonder if there's more to the story

Draft came and went, Gannon said Dhop was Cardinal - Dhop hinted he was staying

The June 1st thing couldn't have been the only motivation as the clock had not run out

This leads me to believe that not only had all trade possibilities been exhausted - but also something may have recently happened internally

Beef or some type of friction. With who? Who knows? But last I checked there were 31 days in May
It was the June 1st deadline. They didn’t want more dead money on next year’s books.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish they could have gotten something for him but i really am not going to knock Monti on this. Hopkins had to go. This frees up next years cap and that is important. We all know that this is a rebuild year. Cleaning house is not fun but needs to be done.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Wish they could have gotten something for him but i really am not going to knock Monti on this. Hopkins had to go. This frees up next years cap and that is important. We all know that this is a rebuild year. Cleaning house is not fun but needs to be done.
Interesting how none of the roster moves this season seem to fall on Monti. What is his title again?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why?

Are we going to overpay free agents next year to join a bad team? Who are the marquee 2024 free agents you have your eye on who will come help out a 3-14 team?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose