Cardinals alter PP21's deal to open up cap space

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Any ideas on why they needed the cap space for this year?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
They've already started talks with Chandler Jones' agent, so that would be my guess.
Makes sense...if they can Jones to an extension before the season ends, they can include some $ on this year's cap.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They've already started talks with Chandler Jones' agent, so that would be my guess.
Ohhhh. I thought it was for Floyds extension.

But seriously, like suggested if they can extend Chandler some of that $$ can be put on this years cap.

The Cards are about $3mil under the cap for 2016; anyone know if this includes PP's restructure or added to that? The sites I'm looking at may not be updated. Though he has a restructure bonus listed.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Also, if it's Chandler, that probably squashes the rumors of him being a part of the chemistry problem.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if we might see something like this from Fitz too for 2016. Guess it depends on how much money they might need.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really hope the cards resign Jones at least that is one positive thing from this miserable season... would also make it so the cards don't have to draft or sign to many linebackers.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do front offices structure original rookie deals with the expectation of restructuring them under the right circumstances. a few years down the road?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Do front offices structure original rookie deals with the expectation of restructuring them under the right circumstances. a few years down the road?
Good question. I think rookie deals are pretty set in stone unless the player is extended or released. Just a plain re-structuring I don't think can be done. But I'm not sure.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Rookie deals are typically slotted except for a few QBs. Re-doing these contracts mostly depends how good they play and how hard they would be to replace. Often they get cut and don't see much of the money.