Cardinals : AJ green signed

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not the only one that thinks AJ just didn't want to be there anymore.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Hope skip is right and we get 85%. Believe Shannon is closer to the mark. And if skip is right that means we just relied on a dude who quit on his teammates when the chips were down. Not a good thing. Also seems hypocritical that skip likes the AJ signing but doesn’t like the JJ signing. Seems like two of a kind there.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Worst separation out of all WR's in 2020...sounds like it should work out great!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not the only one that thinks AJ just didn't want to be there anymore.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The first sign you know your argument for something is beyond flawed is when Skip Bayless agrees with it.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope skip is right and we get 85%. Believe Shannon is closer to the mark. And if skip is right that means we just relied on a dude who quit on his teammates when the chips were down. Not a good thing. Also seems hypocritical that skip likes the AJ signing but doesn’t like the JJ signing. Seems like two of a kind there.

The show is made to create an argument between Bayless and Sharpe
So if one dude says black the other says white

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I thought Murphy both missed games in the Covid protocols and earlier in the year was hurt?

From memory maybe I'm wrong.
He missed week 8 due to Covid protocols, but otherwise was active in the rest of the games. He didn't start in weeks 3, 7, 11-15, and 17.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
In other words, they didn't open the game in Nickel.
Right. Because it's not the base D, and Murphy isn't always a starter, which was the point of the discussion weeks ago.

And before you point out that starts don't matter or something, they can and have been factored into contract incentives and conditional pick criteria.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
And if skip is right that means we just relied on a dude who quit on his teammates when the chips were down. Not a good thing.

i think:

being impacted when you realize that your team is phasing you out and you wont be back...

and

being a solid teammate who works hard, etc

both can be true for AJ Green

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Right. Because it's not the base D, and Murphy isn't always a starter, which was the point of the discussion weeks ago.

And before you point out that starts don't matter or something, they can and have been factored into contract incentives and conditional pick criteria.

It seems that to you a starter is someone who almost always is on the field like a tackle, guard, centre. It simply doesn't apply to the defence given the various packages and anyone who is on the field for 70% or so of snaps is a broadly defined starter.

Source - re: DB's?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It seems that to you a starter is someone who almost always is on the field like a tackle, guard, centre. It simply doesn't apply to the defence given the various packages and anyone who is on the field for 70% or so of snaps is a broadly defined starter.

Source - re: DB's?
My definition of starter is whether or not he starts. I think that's pretty simple. The fact that Byron Murphy is only a starter on the condition of the opposing team going three wide on play #1 is telling of how conditional of a player he is. If a team wanted to mostly eliminate Byron Murphy from the game plan (for whatever reason), they can stick to 2 WR sets.

The point is and will remain to be in my personal evaluation of Murphy, that a guy who can't effectively cover the outside, where the most gamebreaking players normally play, was not worthy of the #33 overall pick.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My definition of starter is whether or not he starts. I think that's pretty simple. The fact that Byron Murphy is only a starter on the condition of the opposing team going three wide on play #1 is telling of how conditional of a player he is. If a team wanted to mostly eliminate Byron Murphy from the game plan (for whatever reason), they can stick to 2 WR sets.

The point is and will remain to be in my personal evaluation of Murphy, that a guy who can't effectively cover the outside, where the most gamebreaking players normally play, was not worthy of the #33 overall pick.

Simplistic, yes. :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i think:

being impacted when you realize that your team is phasing you out and you wont be back...

and

being a solid teammate who works hard, etc

both can be true for AJ Green
Statistics disagree with this statement:

Most snaps among wrs (in fact fourth most on entire team).

104 targets compared to 108 & 110 for Boyd and Higgins - just terrible outcomes as a result

that’s not a dude being “phased out.” That’s a dude not “keeping up.”

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A.J. Green: Pairing with DeAndre Hopkins is going to be unbelievable

Green said he has “never played with a guy like” DeAndre Hopkins during a recent appearance on On the Fly and he’s spent the last few months getting used to someone else being the top player on the depth chart. It doesn’t sound like the change in status has rubbed Green the wrong way and he’s expecting things to go very well for the offense this fall.

“We don’t have no egos,” Green said, via Jess Root of USAToday.com. “You have two guys like that in a room, it’s going to be unbelievable. We feed off each other.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/j-green-pairing-deandre-hopkins-140806031.html

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyler Murray.

"I expect A.J. to have a big year," Murray told Cardinals.com. "I know a lot of people are sleeping on him. I know a lot of things have been said about him maybe not being able to do it anymore. … I'm glad he's on the team."

https://www.si.com
"He's been really impressive, when you see him on the field with that type of size and that type of movement skills," Kingsbury said earlier this month. "Very conscientious player. He's picking it up quickly. Consummate professional. Couldn't say enough good things about him. Really excited that he's here. He brings a lot to that receiving room."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose