Cardinals acquire RT Marcus Gilbert

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Buckybird, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

You really think they would cut Humphries? This will only be like his 4th yr. If they can find another top notch left tackle in the draft maybe i guess? The "air raid" offense doesn't require as much blocking time, QB has to go through his reads quicker & get rid of the ball, that being said, Humphries won't have to block as long on pass plays. 9.5 million, wow, didn't realize his cap number was so high.

2. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

Iupati is a free agent, Cunningham is on year 2 of his rookie deal...I have to believe they sign at least an OG and draft an OT and OG. Word was they liked Oday Aboushi who was on the team the end of the year and would like to re-sign him but hope that isn’t the extent of their addressing the OL in free agency.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  3. Cardsfaninlouky

I still cringe thinking about how miserable the off line was last yr on every snap, that & the play calling. I agree with you, adding Gilbert improves the off line alot. Even with his injury problems, nothing is guaranteed play to play, we could draft or sign a top notch off lineman & during one play in one game, preseason, regular season, training camp or OTA's, bam, torn whatever. I like the direction SK has taken so far.

4. Cardsfaninlouky

Mosley & Landon Collins or if not Collins resign Tre Boston.

5. Cardsfaninlouky

I agree but it only takes one play whenever to land a player on IR, young or old. Yes, one would rather have a younger player & take their chances but adding Gilbert seems much better than what we had last yr. Maybe kugler & the Steelers old RB coach we have now, knows something we don't?

6. Cardsfaninlouky

I know where you're coming from on that, seems like the same old song & dance every yr, we sign a player or players on the off line & it doesn't change anything or they end up on IR. Let it play out, this is only the beginning, free agency officially starts this coming Wednesday. Hopefully the cardinals aren't done with moves on the off line? Our OL problems have to change at some point for the better, why not this coming season? I'm being optimistic obviously but enough is enough with bad off line play & luck.

7. Cardsfaninlouky

They are not drafting Murray. Even if they do, watch him throw the ball, he just doesn't get balls batted down at the line of scrimmage. He throws from many angles, sidearmed at times to avoid that. He's a baseball player also which explains being able to throw from different arm angles. He's had less balls batted down in college in one yr than any other QB in any one particular yr. No, I'm not saying good things about Murray because i want them drafting him, I don't. Maybe you were being funny lol?

8. Goldfield

Goldfield Formally known as BEERZ

He’s very talented and often injured. We have Korey Kunningham as the backup. Probably add OT in the draft.

He is also in a contract year so he should be very motivated. I’d make that trade for a 6th any day.

daves likes this.
  9. Cardsfaninlouky

Here's a name for you, bunchy Stallings at Kentucky. I've watched him for 4 yrs now, he had a pancake block against Florida this yr to spring Benny Snell free for a first down to end their 33 game winning streak against us. Put the dude flat on his ass lol. Look it up on you tube. Dude ended up being all SEC off lineman. Mel kiper Jr at one point had him going in the 4-5 rounds. He's a beast, plays left guard & would be a definite upgrade there over lupati right now.

10. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

Simply not true, another false statement some keeping saying here about Murray!!! 80% of his passes came from the pocket last season. Plus it helps when you’re in the shotgun most of the time.

Nice try though lol

Goldfield likes this.
  11. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Typical Cardinal move. Pick up an injury prone O-Lineman on the downside of his career. I understand the appeal, but with Cardinal luck on his side, he'll be on injured reserve by week 4. I hope I'm wrong.

12. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Good pickup.

Honestly, the complaints here are laughable. You'd rather have a 6th round lineman who has never put his hand in the dirt? I do agree that we can't count on oft-injured guys, but this is an aggressive move to replace one of the most painfully deficient spots on our team.

daves, Shane, oaken1 and 3 others like this.
  13. PJ1

PJ1 Registered User

That or we stay away from the top tier that does become available.

14. UK Cardinal

UK Cardinal Free Agent

Yes thats right he was technically in the pocket but go watch the tape and where he stands when its a throwing play.

In the shotgun about 8 yards back plus a 2 or 3 step drop back after the snap, so yes you cant say hes outside the pocket but i think he is purposely very far from the line (10+ yards often)

Not necessarily a bad thing just a different style but I do think he needs a very solid OL to do well, would you be confident he could stand strong and make throws as the pocket is surrounding and closing in on him with D lineman 3 yards away?

15. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

I don't know. Living in Pittsburgh, I can tell you he's always injured. WTF, Keim, is with you and damaged OLmen? I mean, it's low-risk in that it's a 6th round pick, but it's also high-risk in that you're counting on him as your starter, meaning you aren't going out and getting a different starter. Eh.