Cardinals 2021 enter the Cardinals 2020 spiral of death

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh????

I expect this from the national media but not people on this board. We were the undermanned team in that game.

Hudson DHop Watt Jones Peters
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Adams
Uh. More than just Adams. They were also missing WR Allen Lazard, LT David Bakhtiari, CB Jaire Alexander, OLB Za’Darius Smith, DE Preston Smith, CB Kevin King, and C Josh Myers. Their Defensive Coordinator Joe Barry also couldn't be there.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Huh????

I expect this from the national media but not people on this board. We were the undermanned team in that game.

Adams
THEY were undermanned too, so that excuse wears thin.

Stout

Reaction score
Lol every team has had a game like this. Every single team. This is so over the top. In January it will feel like this game never happened.
I agree it was way over the top. First live game and this is what I'm served up--got me a "little" riled. I'll go ahead and disagree with your last sentence, though, with the KM caveat. This is going to become a full-blown meltdown if we don't get KM back. We're not beating Seattle with Colt McCoy--or, worse, with the "Leveler."

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree it was way over the top. First live game and this is what I'm served up--got me a "little" riled. I'll go ahead and disagree with your last sentence, though, with the KM caveat. This is going to become a full-blown meltdown if we don't get KM back. We're not beating Seattle with Colt McCoy--or, worse, with the "Leveler."
You mean the Seahawks that managed to score 0 points yesterday? I mean I agree of course that KM gives us a way better chance to win that game, but I also like our chances with Colt. I mean he beat the Seahawks last year with the Giants (I know he didn't play great, but I am sure nobody would take the Giant's last year roster over ours).

Stout

Reaction score
You mean the Seahawks that managed to score 0 points yesterday? I mean I agree of course that KM gives us a way better chance to win that game, but I also like our chances with Colt. I mean he beat the Seahawks last year with the Giants (I know he didn't play great, but I am sure nobody would take the Giant's last year roster over ours).
I don't like our chances with a healthy Colt because we have given teams the blueprint to beat us--sell out and blitz. He can't handle it and our coach is a ******* who can't run the ball all of a sudden. Plus it's Colt v Wilson, with Wilson having a week back under his belt. I'm not hearing ANY optimism about the games until we have KM back, and I feel justified in that stance.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't like our chances with a healthy Colt because we have given teams the blueprint to beat us--sell out and blitz. He can't handle it and our coach is a ******* who can't run the ball all of a sudden. Plus it's Colt v Wilson, with Wilson having a week back under his belt. I'm not hearing ANY optimism about the games until we have KM back, and I feel justified in that stance.
I totally understand where you come from after that debacle yesterday. I would still like to mention that I feel like some here are really underestimating Carolina's defense. They scare me way more than Seattle's defense ever could right now. Add in the additional spark we gave them with the fumble, turnover on downs and 2 Newton TDs...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Seahawks couldn't copy that blueprint if they tried. They simply don't have the players to pull it off.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Huh????

Adams
Lol. Homer. You obviously have no idea who was out for the packers. Your post has zero credibility.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Carolina is a team that lives and dies by the run. That's the Cardinals' biggest weakness, bar none. Luckily, this won't be every week. We only face 3 RBs that are in the top 10 for the rest of the year (Taylor, Elliott, Henderson). I feel like we're a better team than the Colts, we've already beaten the Rams on the road, and we can certainly beat the Cowboys. This game isn't the end of the world. The Cards are battered. Luckily, we face a dreadful Seahawks team next week. The Panthers are really damn good with CMac. Don't forget that.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure teams were loading the box and daring Colt to do anything against us — which is the right idea! Our first four runs were for 4, 0, -1 (the failed 4th down), -1 and 1 yards. The next time we got the ball it was 17 nothing. It's shocking to me that so many people are demanding we run the ball when the game scripts just highlights how futile that would have been. Maybe we only would have lost 24-10?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh. More than just Adams. They were also missing WR Allen Lazard, LT David Bakhtiari, CB Jaire Alexander, OLB Za’Darius Smith, DE Preston Smith, CB Kevin King, and C Josh Myers. Their Defensive Coordinator Joe Barry also couldn't be there.
Ok.

Hudson, Watt, Jones, Williams Lawrence, Peters and DHop still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adams, Lazard, Bahktiari, Smith, King, Myers and Barry

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ok.

Hudson, Watt, Jones, Williams Lawrence, Peters and DHop still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adams, Lazard, Bahktiari, Smith, King, Myers and Barry
Their two starting offensive linemen, two starting wrs, and two starting corners.

We missed a bunch of dlinemen a starting olineman and hop for most (not all) of the game.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We got a great season going. Injuries are killing us again. Same as 2020. No hate for Keim, Kliff or anyone from me. But how the heck could this have been prevented? I don't think there is an answer.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler has high ankle sprain.
Nope, thankfully, it's just an eversion sprain.
...dave

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here we go with the both starting QB and backup QB unlikely to play this Sunday. Cardinals tried to sign Chiefs practice team QB.

2021 Cardinals are missing 2020 so much they are reliving it.

Strevler vs suddenly resurgent Seahawks defense? Hmm...