Cardinals 2020 Predicted Record

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know you seen my follow up on that post, guy.

I did after.

The problem is, most years I look at the Lions game and think "That should be a win" and inevitably it's not. They seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did after.

The problem is, most years I look at the Lions game and think "That should be a win" and inevitably it's not. They seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us.
I don’t know how the Lions were a “should win” the past 2 years to you considering we were 3-9 going into one & the other we were going in with a rookie QB & rookie NFL HC making their debuts.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know how the Lions were a “should win” the past 2 years to you considering we were 3-9 going into one & the other we were going in with a rookie QB & rookie NFL HC making their debuts.

Well, both years they were bad.

They were 3-12-1 last year. Granted, we didn't know that in Game 1 but nobody suspected they were going to be picking outside the top 10.

They were 4-8 when we played them the year before. We just beat Green Bay on the road the game before.

Both times with home field advantage I think most fans were expecting a win. Both were the worst football we played in either season, save for Q4 of last seasons game.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's a distinction without a difference to my mind.

Not really. The fact that teams can turn it around in a season. From 4-12 in both cases with the Rams and Niners proves that you don't need an extended period of being crap.

In fact the records for both those teams got worse over time. It's not like they got gradually better as players got better that resulted in it suddenly all clicking together to have a great year.

Teams go worst to first all the time. That's what he is saying.

NFL history is littered with teams that went from stinking to deep playoff runs with just a few changes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not really. The fact that teams can turn it around in a season. From 4-12 in both cases with the Rams and Niners proves that you don't need an extended period of being crap.

In fact the records for both those teams got worse over time. It's not like they got gradually better as players got better that resulted in it suddenly all clicking together to have a great year.

Teams go worst to first all the time. That's what he is saying.

NFL history is littered with teams that went from stinking to deep playoff runs with just a few changes.

Very well said.

I can see multiple scenarios where the Cardinals are 1st in the NFC West.

Rams have lost talent since last season as have the Niners as well.

The Seahawks are about the same, but how long can they play decent defense with a pitiful pass rush?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very well said.

I can see multiple scenarios where the Cardinals are 1st in the NFC West.

Rams have lost talent since last season as have the Niners as well.

The Seahawks are about the same, but how long can they play decent defense with a pitiful pass rush?

Same. I can also see many ways we are last too :)

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
With Cardinal luck, we go 11-0, smash every team we play, no one has an answer in how to stop us, and then the NFL cancels the remainder of the season.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did after.

:shrug:
True, the Cardinals are 0-2-1 vs. Detroit in the last three years... but prior to that, the Cardinals won 7 in a row, going back to 2006. Overall, the Cardinals are 13-7-1 vs. Detroit since moving to Arizona, and 7-2-1 in the last 10 meetings.

They have been about the closest thing the Cards have had to a patsy opponent.

...dave

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
9-7. :):rockon:

Kingsburry and Murray were a lot better than I expected last season. :) I think our offense should be pretty fun to watch this year. :)