Cardinalitis. We all have it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We love our Cardinals and we all suffer from Cardinalitis. This virus has two symptoms. You find yourself feverishly optimistic or have severe negative depression.
As a long time cardinal fan my symptoms fall under the latter.
Game 1. Oh god, east coast road game, Henry’s a beast and a tough playoff team. We’re doomed.
Game 2. Geez, Jefferson , Cooks, Thielan. oh well, 1-1 will be a good start. Holy crap he missed it! Wow 2-0.
Game 3. Oh my god the Rams are going to kill us. In L.A. Arron friggin Donald. Just hope Kyler doesn’t get hurt. Wait what!!?? 3-0.
Game 4. The Jags? We should win this one. Are you kidding me? A 109 yd. return. Well it’s the classic Cardinal trap game. Should have known. But wait…4-0???
Game 5. Ugh. The 49ers owned us. Shanahan has our number. Rookie QB’s kill us. This game is ugly…we’re gonna lose. Well I’ll be darn. 5-0????
Game 6. The Browns. Oh no. Chubbs, Hunt, Mayfield. Jones and Hudson are out. East coast road game. Well 5-1 is a helluva start. Probably get blown out.

Yep that’s how I suffer from week to week. I admire some of you who suffer from the feverish optimism. I don’t know how you do it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
somebody has to win every game.... why not us?? we aint a bunch of slouches, these guys are pros and they have talent and skills.

we have the 4th best scoring offense....and the sixth best defense by points allowed....

I would be happy being top 10 in both and expect a playoff run from it.... but we are basically top 5 in both.

That means we can beat any team we face...on any field...at any time of day

somebody has to win every game...why not us?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
As a Cardinal fan, I think they are going to beat us by 13 points. Now, let's say this current Cardinal team was another and I was just looking at 'that' team not being called the Cardinals playing this Brown team... I would say the Cardinals which are not the Cardinals win by 20 points based on what they did so far lol

Lorenzo

Reaction score
We love our Cardinals and we all suffer from Cardinalitis. This virus has two symptoms. You find yourself feverishly optimistic or have severe negative depression.
As a long time cardinal fan my symptoms fall under the latter.
Game 1. Oh god, east coast road game, Henry’s a beast and a tough playoff team. We’re doomed.
Game 2. Geez, Jefferson , Cooks, Thielan. oh well, 1-1 will be a good start. Holy crap he missed it! Wow 2-0.
Game 3. Oh my god the Rams are going to kill us. In L.A. Arron friggin Donald. Just hope Kyler doesn’t get hurt. Wait what!!?? 3-0.
Game 4. The Jags? We should win this one. Are you kidding me? A 109 yd. return. Well it’s the classic Cardinal trap game. Should have known. But wait…4-0???
Game 5. Ugh. The 49ers owned us. Shanahan has our number. Rookie QB’s kill us. This game is ugly…we’re gonna lose. Well I’ll be darn. 5-0????
Game 6. The Browns. Oh no. Chubbs, Hunt, Mayfield. Jones and Hudson are out. East coast road game. Well 5-1 is a helluva start. Probably get blown out.

Yep that’s how I suffer from week to week. I admire some of you who suffer from the feverish optimism. I don’t know how you do it.
I often suffer the same thing for my team, but this year I made the decision just to be a homer and just assume that my team will win every game...maybe it will help me enjoy the games more. I think the cardinals have a great team, and I would say best team in the NFC right now considering they play in the hardest division and are beating those teams head to head. A Cards win over the Browns would propel them to another level for me, because it would be a road win against a top AFC team.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I often suffer the same thing for my team, but this year I made the decision just to be a homer and just assume that my team will win every game...maybe it will help me enjoy the games more. I think the cardinals have a great team, and I would say best team in the NFC right now considering they play in the hardest division and are beating those teams head to head. A Cards win over the Browns would propel them to another level for me, because it would be a road win against a top AFC team.
Yeah the bills are first in offense and defense..... but then you look at who they have played.... they probably have the easiest schedule in the nfl while we have one of the hardest.
This Redbirds team is better than a lot of people think

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah the bills are first in offense and defense..... but then you look at who they have played.... they probably have the easiest schedule in the nfl while we have one of the hardest.
This Redbirds team is better than a lot of people think
The Bills look very good, nothing wrong with destroying bad teams, that's what they should be doing. Right now the top teams look very good. It's hard to compare them. we can look at their common opponents and division strength, but I'm more of a fan of waiting for our chance to see them play head to head, especially in the playoffs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Bills look very good, nothing wrong with destroying bad teams, that's what they should be doing. Right now the top teams look very good. It's hard to compare them. we can look at their common opponents and division strength, but I'm more of a fan of waiting for our chance to see them play head to head, especially in the playoffs.
Agreed. But they also lost to Pittsburgh

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Agreed. But they also lost to Pittsburgh
game 1 yes, but they have rebounded nicely. they have also been progressing for quite some time now. I think most people would consider them a clear top 5 team in the NFL right now. the best team in the NFL discussion is clearly subjective and rankings don't mean anything in the NFL come playoff time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave