Cardinal RB Coach now in trouble

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay… charges came out months ago and the Cards sat on their hands and did nothing until the news actually got a hold of it.

This team, it’s FO, players and coaches are actively making me dislike everything about them.
Ding ding ding. Most of the missteps that I have despised though are from the ownership and GM.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone shouts “go grab your gun and kill me” during arguments? Damn you Brits are a weird bunch for sure

No, but they might shout "You might as well just shoot me now!" if told, say, that your ex wife is fighting for sole custody or trying to move your kids away.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay… charges came out months ago and the Cards sat on their hands and did nothing until the news actually got a hold of it.

This team, it’s FO, players and coaches are actively making me dislike everything about them.

Maybe, and this might sound weird to you, but maybe they didn't know?

Considering it happened in Indiana in the off season and nobody in the media picked up on it until yesterday. Maybe, having been arrested for DV you wouldn't be a super mad rush to tell your employer?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe, and this might sound weird to you, but maybe they didn't know?

Considering it happened in Indiana in the off season and nobody in the media picked up on it until yesterday. Maybe, having been arrested for DV you wouldn't be a super mad rush to tell your employer?
Except that it was already reported and Kliff verified that the team knew back in May.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My favorite is when someone throws “self righteous” at people because those people are good people with strong ethical makeups. Says a lot about the poster.

It does, it says they are tired of people making up BS that wasn't said so they can jump on their high horse and clutch their pearls at the same time. You should know.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except that it was already reported and Kliff verified that the team knew back in May.

Did he? Got a link to that?

Saw the report yesterday where he said they knew about it, but sounded like they just knew about it the same time as everyone else.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

The "don't get sued" part of me probably would have sat on it until the league made a decision as well. I read it as they knew about the incident, reached out to the league, and are waiting on direction. They consulted with the league and now have him on admin leave.

The dirtiest part of this for me is that Kliff is the one out there answering questions about it and I haven't heard or seen anything from Mike and Steve.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The "don't get sued" part of me probably would have sat on it until the league made a decision as well. I read it as they knew about the incident, reached out to the league, and are waiting on direction. They consulted with the league and now have him on admin leave.

The dirtiest part of this for me is that Kliff is the one out there answering questions about it and I haven't heard or seen anything from Mike and Steve.

Kliff is at the podium interacting with reporters way more often than Keim or Michael. Nothing strange, IMO, that he would offer the response to questions regarding someone on HIS staff. I'm sure that Keim and Michael wouldn't say, 'speak to Kilff' if a reporter asked them a direct question on the matter. Crisis management 101: limit the voices addressing an issue.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What do u aspect from Keim to say?
The organization showed always a zero tollerance policy regarding those situations, Keim is the outlier, he has kept his job
Should be enough hypocrite from him to talk about Saxon

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The team informed the NFL in May. They advised the Cards to let it play out. The NFL decided on the admin leave once it became public.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You may be joking but it's not far from the truth. It all starts at the top. Discipline and accountability for one's own actions are part of the culture that the staff creates. Or lets slide as is mostly likely the case with Coach Bro. But his abs look good on the beach, so we got that going for us. Lol
I always thought that discipline and accountability were things the parents taught

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well I have little expectations of our new RGC but am sad to here this about Saxon. He has been a solid contributor, only run game voice first years of KK, weak as it was. It doesn’t sound as bad as most but plenty bad enough, he put his hands on her. Started at Costco finished at home. Sounds restrained but crossed the line. What would bring about the line - might as well shoot me now?

We still don’t have an offensive coordinator. I think KK is trying to figure out pass plays for Conner more then the run game engine on offense we need to make the pass game easier and better.

Saxon is accused of assaulting the woman in front of two children during an argument at the home that she shares with her mother. According to her account in the probable cause affidavit, Saxon pushed her repeatedly, including one time that caused her to fall into the garage door. At one point during the argument, the woman alleged that James yelled at her, "You got your gun? You might as well just shoot me now!"

Saxon was hired by Kingsbury on Feb. 6, 2019. He's been an assistant coach for 23 seasons and was an NFL player for eight years, playing for three teams, the Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins and Philadelphia Eagles.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose