MCU: Captain Marvel

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry, the whole beginning was just uneven and boring, the "twist" was eye-rollingly obvious, the end was beyond deus-ex-machina, and nothing really popped for me. That's why I put it average. I blame the writers.

Couldn’t disagree more. I put it in my top ten Marvel movies.

Wonder Woman in my opinion was pretty meh. To each his own

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t disagree more. I put it in my top ten Marvel movies.

Wonder Woman in my opinion was pretty meh. To each his own

I'm in the same boat as you on this one. We are in the minority for sure.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It’s grossed over a billion dollars so I would say we are in the majority just not on this board lol.

Alice in Wonderland and Transformers: Age of Extinction grossed over a billion dollars, so box office doesn't equate quality. Not trying to minimize your opinion--I love a lot of movies others denigrate myself--but this movie was going to make money no matter what, being the first female-led Marvel movie. FWIW, I thought she did a great acting job, and had chemistry with Fury; I just didn't care for the movie overall.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yet another origin story *yawn*.

You didn’t like it before it even came out.

Listen I get it we all have different opinions. Your post here are in the mid teens about this movie negative before it even came out and after. I’m just saying seems like something going on here.

It’s all good Stout

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alice in Wonderland and Transformers: Age of Extinction grossed over a billion dollars, so box office doesn't equate quality. Not trying to minimize your opinion--I love a lot of movies others denigrate myself--but this movie was going to make money no matter what, being the first female-led Marvel movie. FWIW, I thought she did a great acting job, and had chemistry with Fury; I just didn't care for the movie overall.

So true! Hell, I still love Independence Day and will stop what I'm doing and watch it if it's on. To each their with taste.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You didn’t like it before it even came out.

Listen I get it we all have different opinions. Your post here are in the mid teens about this movie negative before it even came out and after. I’m just saying seems like something going on here.

It’s all good Stout

The early previews absolutely sucked. They didn't do the movie justice at all. Looked lame. Turned out average for me, so it overcame those early expectations. I liked the character, didn't love the movie, but love what the movie did promoting female leads.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson