Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Captain Marvel - July 6, 2018

Carol Danvers version.

You must be registered for see images

Could explains the mystery woman standing next to Thor in the latest Avengers trailer...

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Captain Marvel - July 6, 2018

Carol Danvers version.

You must be registered for see images

Could explains the mystery woman standing next to Thor in the latest Avengers trailer...

I don't see Marvel going with the Captain name so my guess is they'll go with Ms. Marvel if they're going with Carol Danvers as to not confuse casual fans with the DC version.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-man-joins-the-marvel-cinematic-universe.html

Setting a new place at the table for Spidey, Marvel has reshuffled Thor: Ragnarok to November 3, 2017, sent Black Panther to July 6, 2018, and Captain Marvel to November 2, 2018. The mega team-up pics Avengers: Infinity War Parts 1 and 2 will be released as planned in 2018 and 2019, respectively, before Marvel’s Inhumans hits theaters on July 12, 2019.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's weird to name her Captain Marvel when there already is a Captain America. I know its an existing comic book character, but it can get confusing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugh, this entire forum is super heroes now. I wonder if hollywood is planning anything not involving super heroes or star wars in the next 5 years

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugh, this entire forum is super heroes now. I wonder if hollywood is planning anything not involving super heroes or star wars in the next 5 years

of course they are... they're planning Fast and Furious 8, Bond 470, Avatar 2-4, etc. etc. etc!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yipeee!!!!

don't forget the mother of all sequels still to come... PAUL BLART 3 (which sadly/unbelievably IS a possibility after the 2nd one ash done decent at the box office)!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
don't forget the mother of all sequels still to come... PAUL BLART 3 (which sadly/unbelievably IS a possibility after the 2nd one ash done decent at the box office)!

Ha ha you joked, but know it will happen.

I don't mind the super hero movies, but we don't need new character movies yet. Why not introduce them in the existing movies and them go from there?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brie Larson the Frontrunner to Play Captain Marvel

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/brie-larson-captain-marvel-1201786876/

After winning the best actress Oscar for “Room,” Brie Larson has her sights on another marvelous role.

Sources tell Variety Larson is in early talks to play Captain Marvel, one of Marvel’s most popular female superheroes, in an upcoming standalone film. It’s unknown where negotiations stand, but sources have told Variety that Larson is their first choice, and that she’s leaning toward playing the part.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Brie Larson the Frontrunner to Play Captain Marvel

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/brie-larson-captain-marvel-1201786876/

After winning the best actress Oscar for “Room,” Brie Larson has her sights on another marvelous role.

Sources tell Variety Larson is in early talks to play Captain Marvel, one of Marvel’s most popular female superheroes, in an upcoming standalone film. It’s unknown where negotiations stand, but sources have told Variety that Larson is their first choice, and that she’s leaning toward playing the part.

:(

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I stopped reading Captain Marvel back when he was a dude.........never even realized they turned him into a chick until they started talking about this movie...

there used to be two dudes called captain Marvel...

Mar-vell...who was Marvels Captain Marvel...

And Shazam, who was DC's captain marvel....

they really should have joined together on something like a five part comic series, fueld by fan votes,...in which Mar-Vell and Shazam battle it out for the rights to save the planet as Captain Marvel...

of course, marvel would never agree to that...they might lose,...and they are kinda attached to the name.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trailer was underwhelming to say the least.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
its the very first trailer...it will get better.

Come on guys, Marvel is epic...you know they aint gonna screw up her movie.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its the very first trailer...it will get better.

Come on guys, Marvel is epic...you know they aint gonna screw up her movie.

I have no doubt but that trailer sucked a bit.