Cap Cuts 2022

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is EXACTLY his problem. Unless it's an all-out jail break, a QB shouldn't be rolling out--that only deepens you in the pocket, takes your eyes away from your receivers, and often leads to crushing sacks. Edge pressure means a QB should step up into the pocket. Will he ever learn this?
Maybe I'm confused... are you saying that you should never design QB rollouts or bootlegs?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder why the Eagles’ offense kicked into another gear after they traded him.
Because they decided that they were going to run the ball and not ask Jalen to beat teams with his arm...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, not saying that. I'm saying that pressure on the edge should trigger a QB to step up into a clean pocket, not try to run backwards and roll around it.
Sure, but that assumes that the pocket is clean when stepping up.

We all know that Kyler doesn't like to step up in the pocket. We also all know that our guard play was atrocious down the stretch.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

We all know that Kyler doesn't like to step up in the pocket. We also all know that our guard play was atrocious down the stretch.
Sure, I agree with you. When you get a jailbreak, you bail out however you can. Kyler does his pathetic spin sack move even when he has a relatively clear pocket. He didn't do it early in the year but he did it a lot down the stretch.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Our RIGHT guard play to be precise, and when Pugh was out on the left side.

PUGH: He dealt with a calf injury in the second half of the season which held him to 13 starts, but Pugh was one of the more reliable blockers when playing. The veteran was flagged only twice and finished fifth in the league in pass block win rate as a guard, per ESPN.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Somebody say something or the silent is their the way to handle this, treating fans like fools

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ben Jones( as Harry has mentioned) is an outstanding center and very good guard. Not only an upgrade but adds versatility and depth. We all saw the drop off when Hudson went down
We really need to stack this o-line. Enough praying for a rookies, back ups or oft injured players hoping they’ll hold up. No more bandaids.
He’s 32. That’s kind of a bandaid.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Maybe.

I really hope we don’t bring both back though. Ertz couldn’t separate even in his prime & Maxx is coming off a severe injury. I wouldn’t mind WR & TE being 2 of our first 3 picks.
Without a vertical element Ertz is limited because the S's can come up and limit his already limited RAC ability. If you can keep the S's back I believe he is much more impactful.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Without a vertical element Ertz is limited because the S's can come up and limit his already limited RAC ability. If you can keep the S's back I believe he is much more impactful.
Without a vertical Element any TE that isn't a RAC beast will be limited. Still Ertz was our best target, and was often open.

There isn't any better TE out there.

We need a new RG and a new LG and maybe a upgrade on RT.

That means we have to keep LT and C and get LG RG and maybe RT

We need a #2 WR that can be sometimes a #1 when needed and speed if we don't keep Kirk, but over 12 Mio for Kirk sounds exesive.

On D I hope we get a new DC and rid of this bad contracts or something out of them and our #1 rounder ILB.