Can we talk about what an indescribable douche Steven A Smith is?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did you see or hear this imbecile today? For someone who only exists to say stupid things to be noticed for something so stupid it is shocking, it must be remarkable.

"You don't want me as your enemy"? Kevin Durant is so far out of your league he wouldn't bother to wipe his ass with you. This backass jerkwater lies openly about Durant, gets called on it, and has the self important sniveling douchiness to get on the air and threaten a superstar.

These media types can't wait to be part of a story themselves, even if they have to make one up and cast themselves as the "D" movie bad guy. I hope he gets fired and it can't come soon enough. ESPN has enough value that it doesn't have to pander to stupidity for ratings. Everyone everywhere hates this guy.

For those who haven't eaten yet:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just for the record; I am ALWAYS down to talk about what an indescribable douche Steven A Smith is. It's nice to know we can share this close bond. lol

What a total buffoon. Sorry, I take Kevin Durant's word over Stephen any day of the week.

All this dude does is pander to the players he loves and rips on the players he doesn't. He thinks he is this brave "voice of the black man" when most black people think he's a joke too.

His only defense is; Durant is lying, I've interviewed him before in his rookie year so see we did talk once!

What a moron. You know how I would describe someone who I had a conversation with years ago and haven't spoken to since? Yeah; Someone I don't talk to.

Smith wouldn't even say, no he's lying, Kevin Durant told me this, cuz that's not true he's a lying little coward wanna be 'street cred' who believes that the best defense is a big scary offense like he's a freaking gangsta or something. I'm sure Kevin Durant lost a lot of sleep over his threat.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Careful, Bert. You DO NOT WANT Steven A. Smith as an enemy. :D

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I feel the same way about Stephen A Smith as you guys do but I don't feel the same way about Durant. KD is about as phony as they come IMO. I have no idea which man is lying but if I were forced to choose, I'd trust Smith before Durant on this one.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He and his sidekick are both indescribable douches. Unlistenable/unwatchable. I cannot believe they are still on the air after all of these years.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I feel the same way about Stephen A Smith as you guys do but I don't feel the same way about Durant. KD is about as phony as they come IMO. I have no idea which man is lying but if I were forced to choose, I'd trust Smith before Durant on this one.

Are you kidding? What in the world would make you trust Smith over anybody, let alone Durant? What has he done to you to make you hate him this much?

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously cannot stand his voice. Every time I hear him talk on the radio or TV, I change it immediately. Would rather watch Barney all day then to listen to this idiot for 5 minutes!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
He and his sidekick are both indescribable douches. Unlistenable/unwatchable. I cannot believe they are still on the air after all of these years.

Smith is the Markieff Morris of NBA analysts.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both of them are a bunch of trolls on twitter.
You must be registered for see images

unbearable.:bang:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched two minutes. That's enough for me

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are you kidding? What in the world would make you trust Smith over anybody, let alone Durant? What has he done to you to make you hate him this much?

I don't hate him, I don't know him. I just know his public persona is crafted, not real. Go back and read some of his tweets from the early days of Twitter and then get back to me. As I said, I have no idea which of them is telling the truth. But Smith has more to lose telling an out and out lie like this so I suspect it's Durant. I'm not invested either way though.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't hate him, I don't know him. I just know his public persona is crafted, not real. Go back and read some of his tweets from the early days of Twitter and then get back to me. As I said, I have no idea which of them is telling the truth. But Smith has more to lose telling an out and out lie like this so I suspect it's Durant. I'm not invested either way though.

Smith is nothing BUT crafted and not real. It's how he gets ratings.

I just find it very strange that Stephen A. Smith garners more respect from you than Kevin Durant.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Smith is nothing BUT crafted and not real. It's how he gets ratings.

I just find it very strange that Stephen A. Smith garners more respect from you than Kevin Durant.

I've said nothing of the sort. I can't stand Smith but he has little to gain by lying here and much to lose. And Durant and Westbrook seem to have declared war on the NBA media, there is much more going on then meets the eyes IMO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I've said nothing of the sort. I can't stand Smith but he has little to gain by lying here and much to lose. And Durant and Westbrook seem to have declared war on the NBA media, there is much more going on then meets the eyes IMO.

Believing one guy over another is certainly a measure of respect, even if there's very little on both sides.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Believing one guy over another is certainly a measure of respect, even if there's very little on both sides.

You're locked in here and missing the point. I would make the same comment if these two men were not involved. I have no reason to trust either person, in fact I feel I have reason to not trust either person. So I'm looking at Smith's profession and Durant's profession and saying that the one with more to lose is less likely to be lying.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't listen to Steven A Smith. My mind just goes blank when I try.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't listen to Steven A Smith. My mind just goes blank when I try.

I watch some sports but I don't watch any of the sports shows so I don't have to do anything to avoid Stephen A Smith. But I knew long ago that I didn't care for this man because he was a semi-regular on a show my husband and I watched before he joined ESPN. We liked the (Fox Sports) Best Damned Sports Show but he was the worst of it whenever he'd appear.

What puzzles me is that I never hear anyone say "I like that guy" so how does he keep getting air and print time?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watch some sports but I don't watch any of the sports shows so I don't have to do anything to avoid Stephen A Smith. But I knew long ago that I didn't care for this man because he was a semi-regular on a show my husband and I watched before he joined ESPN. We liked the (Fox Sports) Best Damned Sports Show but he was the worst of it whenever he'd appear.

What puzzles me is that I never hear anyone say "I like that guy" so how does he keep getting air and print time?

Excellent point. I'm sort of a basketball basics person with not a lot of drama.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose