Burfict released by Bengals

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's an absolute scum bag. The league should have kicked him out years ago, I'd feel ill if he ever played for the Cardinals.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People floating the Raiders as a destination are forgetting about Antonio Brown. Burfict would probably target him in practice.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
People thought Gresham had bonehead penalties? Burfict is the undisputed KING.

Tried to wreck the knee of a fellow USC recruit (before going to ASU) in a high school game, Matt Barkley.

Cost ASU multiple games with his idiocy and was a big reason why Erickson was tossed. He got so many penalties, it became contagious with that defense. When finally Erickson had enough after shielding him for years, and suspended him from the bowl game, Burfict decided to go pro. At his disaster of a combine where he was overweight and tested positive, he was trashing Erickson in the interviews.

This is why he went undrafted. That and his last year he was a complete psycho lb literally backpeddaling into tackles.

His crap on the Bengals was completely predictable. No thanks. It would be like playing with matches in a fireworks factory.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I think of Burfict, I think of that playoff game vs the Steelers where he picked off Landry Jones, then with several other defensive players ran off of the field as if it was a done deal. Of course Jeremy Hill coughs up the ball on the first play from scrimmage, and the Cinncy D collapsed, with Burfict committing a personal foul that put Pittsburgh in field goal range to win the game.

That was a BS call on Burfict on that play. It was text book turned his head and hit him with his shoulder. Now he F’ing leveled him but he did it the right way and the Steelers were way dirtier in that game.

There’s perception and then reality and often times perception outweighs reality

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People thought Gresham had bonehead penalties? Burfict is the undisputed KING.

Tried to wreck the knee of a fellow USC recruit (before going to ASU) in a high school game, Matt Barkley.

Cost ASU multiple games with his idiocy and was a big reason why Erickson was tossed. He got so many penalties, it became contagious with that defense. When finally Erickson had enough after shielding him for years, and suspended him from the bowl game, Burfict decided to go pro. At his disaster of a combine where he was overweight and tested positive, he was trashing Erickson in the interviews.

This is why he went undrafted. That and his last year he was a complete psycho lb literally backpeddaling into tackles.

His crap on the Bengals was completely predictable. No thanks. It would be like playing with matches in a fireworks factory.

100% wrong he was considered a top 15 pick after the season had ended. Why he went undrafted was because he lost his damn mind at the combine and blew the interviews, gained a ton of weight. But he didn’t go undrafted because of what he did on the field

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Before we got Jungle Boi I would’ve taken a flyer on him. As good as our D has always ranked on paper I’ve always thought we lacked some physical DGAF type players.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
100% wrong he was considered a top 15 pick after the season had ended. Why he went undrafted was because he lost his damn mind at the combine and blew the interviews, gained a ton of weight. But he didn’t go undrafted because of what he did on the field

He got some stats, but he was also playing very badly at the same time. I do not say backpeddaling into tackles lightly. He would literally run backwards 2-3 yards to catch runners into a tackle. (I don't mean trying to take an angle, I mean literally he's standing waiting for the guy and then backpedal 2-3 yards to catch the runner... over and over.)

Whatever people were saying top 15 pick, were going off previous years.

His first year, I personally thought he was going to be a 1st round pick. He had that type of talent, but he was playing really weird his last year, besides the psycho crap.

Obviously it was all of the above, I wasn't saying it was solely because of his play, but his play had diminished his last season.

Last edited:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Burfict needs a lot of love and attention. Somebody will take a flyer on him. My guess is he will pull the same ‘world is against me’ BS (after he systematically self destructs, just like he did at the combine) and someone will get .5-1.5 seasons out of him before he is cut again. It’s sad to watch someone, who frankly, had a shot at the HOF (from a talent perspective), but the riot going on between their ears will keep that from ever happening.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Maybe I'm the only one, but the guy can still play. I mean I am not looking for a choir boy when looking for LBs. They're supposed to be a bit of a loose cannon. IMO

I would take a look at him.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Maybe I'm the only one, but the guy can still play. I mean I am not looking for a choir boy when looking for LBs. They're supposed to be a bit of a loose cannon. IMO

I would take a look at him.
The reason he got released was that the level of play dropped. He was bad last year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kyler Murray would excel as a MLB.

(Joking. Making fun of how every thread turns into a Kyler Murray thread)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The dude can't cover anyone out of the backfield. He's the Ron Artest of the NFL

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I still think Kyler Murray would be an excellent fit for this team and the rules will protect him

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People floating the Raiders as a destination are forgetting about Antonio Brown. Burfict would probably target him in practice.

Whoops...

Well... if Burfict injures Brown in practice (50/50 chance) the Raiders are getting what they deserve. Would actually feel bad for Brown though.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was a BS call on Burfict on that play. It was text book turned his head and hit him with his shoulder. Now he F’ing leveled him but he did it the right way and the Steelers were way dirtier in that game.

There’s perception and then reality and often times perception outweighs reality

I couldn't disagree more. Not only had Brown not made the catch, making for a dead play, but he was already being pulled down by defenders, Burfict went in with no intent other than to injure.

He is a disgusting player and if the NFL was serious about player safety guys like him would be banned from the league.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Ask other NBA players about Artest they love him he has a great reputation around the nba still, Burfict does not
This! He's also respected for what he's done off the court, regarding mental health issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose