Bulls @ Suns Wednesday game thread 3-31-2021

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't buy for a second that Kaminsky is better than Whiteside. Kaminsky is a better shooter but his minutes have been cut since we acquired Craig. People wrote Whiteside off after being dealt to POR but all he did was help POR reach the playoffs after Nurkic went down averaging 15 / 13 / 3 for the year.

Whiteside can provide rebounding and rim protection. I've read that despite his numbers he isn't considered a good defender, right now what he can provide is sorely needed coming off the bench as Ayton is the only consistent rebounder on the team. Pairing Whiteside with Saric with second unit could give it a boost.

We should be trying to get Smith minutes to develop him but Monty feels comfortable going small and outscoring opponents. Thus we are ending up in a lot of nail biters. That may work in regular season but when you have to play DEN, UTA, LAC in a playoff series we're going to get exposed.

Who would help PHX more in playoffs, Whiteside or Ty-Shon Alexander?

What does Ty-Shon Alexander have to do with anything? He's on a two-way contract, so his roster spot isn't the same as a roster spot Whiteside would require if we picked him up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is this, not that there is a two-way player out there that could help the Suns.

They still have a two-way roster spot open.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Also I'm not totally clear under what circumstance the Suns qualify to sign a player to a 10 day contract but Alize Johnson (whom the Suns reportedly had some interest) has helped the Nets.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What does Ty-Shon Alexander have to do with anything? He's on a two-way contract, so his roster spot isn't the same as a roster spot Whiteside would require if we picked him up.
Oh, didn't realize two way guys don't count against the 15 roster spots.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I'm not totally clear under what circumstance the Suns qualify to sign a player to a 10 day contract but Alize Johnson (whom the Suns reportedly had some interest) has helped the Nets.

We need an open roster spot in order to sign a player to a 10 day contract. Another way we could free up room for a 10 day contract is if we applied for an injured player exception but none of our guys injuries would qualify for that since a player has to miss, or be projected to miss, something like 3 weeks or more, I believe. I could be off on when a team is afforded an injured player exception that opens or adds a roster spot but I know its more than 20 days out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr