Bulls Ready To Build Another Dynasty

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed. Last i heard Kobe,Gasol,Artest and Phil are still in LA.

There's a very good reason why Chicago never did much before or after the MJ years.....he was the GOAT, and Stern doesn't have a hard-on for the city of Chicago like he does for the City of Angels.

i think rose, lebron, deng, amare/boozer/bosh, noah beats that lakers team with a competent coach.

rose is huge mismatch for every laker PG
artest on lebron? lebron gets his still
kobe will get physically punished trying to guard a 6'9 deng in the post if they try to hide him there
gasol - amare/bosh - call it a wash
noah is an x-factor bonus for the bulls 'cuz bynum will inevitably be hurt or soft.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know what i just realized, bulls can actually give away deng to sacramento and have almost 45 million in cap space. That is two max guys and another guy at 12 million.

Damn the next month is going to be crazy, especially if lebron leaves. The next 10 plus years of the NBA can be decided in the next month.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i think rose, lebron, deng, amare/boozer/bosh, noah beats that lakers team with a competent coach.

kobe will get physically punished trying to guard a 6'9 deng in the post if they try to hide him there
noah is an x-factor bonus for the bulls 'cuz bynum will inevitably be hurt or soft.
Well you know i'd love to see that. :)
I just think that Phil/Kobe/Gasol is the premier hurdle for all the competion right now....I mean the Celtics did everything right,got a series lead, beat them up physically, but those bum's still came out on top....:bang:

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Rose
Wade
Lebron
Any FA PF in the league/Gibson
Noah

Then Amare to NY to admit he cant play defense and run with D'antoni while Joe Johnson plays point guard in a new picknroll game.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like the sentiment, but I think you overrate Deng.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
i don't know how you think that's gonna happen. the lakers have nothing to give up in a sign & trade that the raptors will want. they'll get a better S&T deal from another team. bynum was the only chit they had and his bio reads: always injured at crunch time, limited data, considered soft, big contract just extended. no team wants that.

I get the feeling with BC feeling the heat the team will take a gamble on Bynum (balky knee and all) so they can save face about losing the best player the team has ever had.

First off BC has 1 year to right the ship anyway so what does he care what happens in 2011 and also Toronto doesn't exactly have "destination city" written all over it so trying to save cap space up there is just stupid.

So they take the accomplished, yet oft injured risk on the 7 foot 24 year old whose locked up.

Plus I think if Bosh can't get on with LBJ, he'll force the hand of Torontos brass to go where he can win right away.

Weird things have a way of working out for LA, Ouchie.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

You see the point of my post was that I don't think they are getting LBJ and Amare/Bosh but i'll play along.

First off they have a coach, and we have no idea if he is "competent".

I don't know if I see Lebron going to Chicago to be compared to MJ after every game and in my scenario Bosh is playing for LA, not Chicago.

And your Kobe - Deng matchup point is laughable. Speaking of oft injured, I don't see the 4 points a game Deng will get posting up Kobe will offset the 40 he'll drop on that scrub. Thats like saying Jonah Hill will pull girls over Brad Pitt because he has cuter dimples.

And Bynum healthy 60% of the time > Noah soooooooo

again no, I don't see the Lakers shaking in their boots just yet.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling with BC feeling the heat the team will take a gamble on Bynum (balky knee and all) so they can save face about losing the best player the team has ever had.

I think we have a better chance of signing Lebron for the minimum than LA has of getting Bynum for the reason above. Bryan Colangelo is not a complete idiot. He has no intention of trading for a headcase that needed Kobe, Phil and the entire Lakers organization just to keep him almost on track. Throw in the injury problems and I just don't see it happening, at least not without coercion.

Plus I think if Bosh can't get on with LBJ, he'll force the hand of Torontos brass to go where he can win right away.

I could see this happening. Colangelo wouldn't be happy about it but if he's down to choosing between nothing and Bynum he might possibly choose Bynum. However, in the wrong organization it's questionable if Bynum (with his contract, his attitude, his work ethic and his injuries) is actually an improvement over nothing. Get him healthy and on the same page with his teammates and he's the best big in the league but there's a reason this Bosh trade keeps getting mentioned.

Steve

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I could see this happening. Colangelo wouldn't be happy about it but if he's down to choosing between nothing and Bynum he might possibly choose Bynum. However, in the wrong organization it's questionable if Bynum (with his contract, his attitude, his work ethic and his injuries) is actually an improvement over nothing. Get him healthy and on the same page with his teammates and he's the best big in the league but there's a reason this Bosh trade keeps getting mentioned.

Steve

Why do people say Bynum is the best big in the league, even with the caveat of healthy and on the same page as his teammates? I have heard this before and don't understand the reasoning behind it. He's not even the best big on his team, let alone the league. And do people forget about a guy named Howard? I'm not saying he's not a nice player. He is. But I'm not throwing him a love parade over the actual best big men in the league.

PS Lol I didn't see who posted this before I responded. Wow we're really going at it today huh Steve. *chuckles*

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do people say Bynum is the best big in the league, even with the caveat of healthy and on the same page as his teammates? I have heard this before and don't understand the reasoning behind it. He's not even the best big on his team, let alone the league. And do people forget about a guy named Howard? I'm not saying he's not a nice player. He is. But I'm not throwing him a love parade over the actual best big men in the league.

PS Lol I didn't see who posted this before I responded. Wow we're really going at it today huh Steve. *chuckles*

I did kind of forget about Howard but I'm not sure I'd retract my statement. Notice that I said when healthy AND when motivated. He hasn't played up to his level most of the time but he's done it often enough to see the tremendous talent the guy has. Also, keep in mind that my point was that Toronto would not willingly trade for the guy and perhaps wouldn't do it even if it was the only compensation they could hope for. And we're cool but I just ate a canadian ham, pinaeapple and jalapeno pizza so I won't offer to *handshake*.

Steve

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I did kind of forget about Howard but I'm not sure I'd retract my statement. Notice that I said when healthy AND when motivated. He hasn't played up to his level most of the time but he's done it often enough to see the tremendous talent the guy has. Also, keep in mind that my point was that Toronto would not willingly trade for the guy and perhaps wouldn't do it even if it was the only compensation they could hope for. And we're cool but I just ate a canadian ham, pinaeapple and jalapeno pizza so I won't offer to *handshake*.

Steve

Your choice in diet explains a lot about our inherent differences. Even still, no handshake; I feel slighted.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bynum is not better than Noah...
Thats crazy...

Bynum gets his 15-20 points off Bryant finding him he has no reliable offense outside his 3-feet range hook shot that isnt very good and his dunks off feeds.

Noah is on the same boat that he isnt an offensive machine either... BUT.... he rebounds like Camby back in his hey days. Provides more energy too.

Shot blocking wise they are about even.

Bynum is longer but Noah is more active and hustles more, not to mention is a more reliable game in and game out player... as Bynum is injury prone.

Bulls DO NEED a veteran coach with success post season to maximise their talent.

Phil Jackson (if he stays) has enough knowledge and adjustment experience to neutralize star players. He has the personnel to do it too....

PG: Rose >>> Fischer (during regular season)
PG: Rose > Fischer (during playoffs, especially critical games)

SG: Bryant >>> Deng (Can Deng even play SG? but he is long and athletic enough)

SF: James >>> Artest (Artest can play good D on slower non physical SFs, but LeBron is as aggressive as they come... Refs will always call to his advantge too, Artest wouldnt be allowed to breath on LeBron when he is attacking the rim)

PF: Gasol > Bosh (Gasol is a better shot blocker and smarter), Gasol > Boozer (better post game and shot blocker), Gasol >/=/< Stoudemire (When Stoudemire attacks and puts effort, the only trait Gasol has over him is being 7 foot and smarter interior player, which pains me a lot because Stoudemire is so close yet so far... sigh)

C: Noah > Bynum (Purely because Bynum is injury prone and Noah's energy is HUGE.)

Bench:
Lakers > Bulls (But thats just theoretically, FAs will flock tom Chicago later on)

Phil Jackson > rookie coach, but might be "=" if Bulls get a succesful coach.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Phil Jackson > rookie coach, but might be "=" if Bulls get a succesful coach.

LOL Again the Bulls hired Tom Thibodeau. And yeah theres a reason you didn't notice.

I think people on this board discount a healthy Bynum and what he means to that Lakers team, whereas Noah is a Anderson Varejo type player with a slightly higher ceiling.

Noahs been a contributor for 1.5 years. Bynum was a big part of two champions and the reason they may not have one a third.

And they are the same age, if Bynum not younger. He's had trouble staying healthy over a consiistent amount of time but he has played when it mattered most the last couple seasons.

I guess we will see what we want to see.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Overrate Deng, underrate Gasol.

Pau/Amare is nowhere close to a wash.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Um yeah because Amare used to dominate Gasol one on one. The difference is now Gasol plays alongside Bynum or Odom all the time.

Robin Lopez is still green and wasn't fully healthy and besides that we don't have a true big man to play alongside Amare.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um yeah because Amare used to dominate Gasol one on one. The difference is now Gasol plays alongside Bynum or Odom all the time.

Robin Lopez is still green and wasn't fully healthy and besides that we don't have a true big man to play alongside Amare.

Well Bynum's time was spotty at best and Amare out outplayed for the most part no matter who he was matched up against.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Starting to get nervous with all the other chatter going on.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/07/nba-store-selling-lebron-james-bulls-jerseys.html

NBA store selling LeBron James Bulls jerseys

UPDATE: Well, they were selling them, but now the page is gone. Here's a screen grab of the page.

Does the NBA.com store know something everyone else doesn't or is this just a ploy to pry money from the wallets of hopeful Bulls fans?

Either way, they're already selling LeBron James No. 6 Bulls jerseys. Anyone can go to the NBA store and customize a jersey with any number and name and while this was listed as such, it appeared on a page with all other available Bulls jerseys.

A search of the Knicks, Nets, Heat and Clippers store turns up nothing. Granted Mario Chalmers wears No. 6 for the Heat and Courtney Lee the same number for the Nets, so that might be a little unfair to those players.

So what happens if you shelled out $65 for that jersey and LeBron signs elsewhere

HMMMMMMM

Last edited: