Bucs want Larry Fitzgerald

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have been over the Larry Fitzgerald decision for the past two years. Whether it is all on him or not is hard to say, but tough watching the shell of one of the best ever at his position.

Yeah it's crazy watching a all time great receiver basically become an okay TE.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
According to next gen stats...Larry was still top 20 in creating separation, with an avg of 3.3 yards. Problem is...he works over the middle, where KM doesn't like to throw too much.

Oh, and AJ Green is rated as dead last in creating separation. And he's also dead last in several other advanced metrics. Awesome.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving/2020/REG/all#average-separation

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Whatever! It has been a pleasure to have one of the greatest players ever on our team for close to a couple decades now. Just a shame he wasn't matched up with an equally good QB. Several teams he could have pushed to or kept on the top, like the Chargers with Rivers, Pack with Rogers, and Saints with Brees.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Larry is a step slower but hasn’t lost his other skills. His numbers are down because he’s not been thrown to near as much. He’s still a thousand yard receiver if given the chance.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Larry is a step slower but hasn’t lost his other skills. His numbers are down because he’s not been thrown to near as much. He’s still a thousand yard receiver if given the chance.
I think you’re solely mistaken here. Larry never had blinding speed. But now he’s flat out slow. He’s got great hands and concentration, but he’s nowhere near a 1,000 yard receiver anymore. If a team could coax 600-700 outta him it would be amazing.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I think you’re solely mistaken here. Larry never had blinding speed. But now he’s flat out slow. He’s got great hands and concentration, but he’s nowhere near a 1,000 yard receiver anymore. If a team could coax 600-700 outta him it would be amazing.

I was going to say 600 would be phenomenal but you beat me to it.

even in Warner’s run, he put the ball where Larry would come down with it. If Kyler could find some humility (huge difference between “humble” and “humility” in my book) he’d use Larry for that 5-600 of clutch catches.

... you can’t tell me Larry isn’t capable- dude perfectly caught a ball from between a dudes legs while sitting on his ass eating a burger in the back of the end zone this year. Idgas who you are; every team can find a place for guys that can CATCH the ball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guarantee Arians and Brady would find a way to involve him and make him relevant. His decline has nothing to do with skill. It's under usage. He was never a speedster, so losing a step is irrelevant. He was always a hands guy and contested catch guy. He can still do that.

Just not true he's not nearly as fast or quick as he used to be so he has issues getting open as easily. Yes he'd probably be better with Brady than he was with Kyler because Brady has been around so long he can't be fooled, but Fitz is not the same guy. He has great hands yes, but he just struggles to get open now, father time catches everyone eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pokinmik