Bucks @ Suns Thursday Finals game thread 7-8-2021 - Game 2

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Its getting really hard for people to sleep on the Suns, as much as they may still want to.
We are like the Bull in a ****** shop. TM. <use your imagination.
You cant ignore us anymore.
Were here
we dont fear the deer
get over it.
We smear the deer

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sorry if someone already posted this but its easy to see why players and coaches around the league respect the hell out of Monty. Instead of breaking his player down by yelling to motivate, he gets down right inspirational. Ayton with his head down knowing he's not playing well but Monty lifts him up telling him its not about stats and to go dominate with force.

This is almost as inspiring as the Rocky II Mickey speech.
No need to apologize. While we’ve all been discussing this interaction all over, it Cant be stressed enough how great it was.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry if someone already posted this but its easy to see why players and coaches around the league respect the hell out of Monty. Instead of breaking his player down by yelling to motivate, he gets down right inspirational. Ayton with his head down knowing he's not playing well but Monty lifts him up telling him its not about stats and to go dominate with force.

I have watched this over and over. The "look at me" line shows Monty is a great coach and motivator Legendary.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score

my favorite comment from a ton of podcasts I listened to today came from Chris Ryan on the Ringer who said “It was the first I’ve heard one of these WIRED UP segments where I like... I felt like I was going to start crying/start doing push-ups.”

it’s my second favorite moment of the entire playoffs. Such an incredible vulnerable moment, Monty handling it PERFECTLY and then Ayton taking that advice out on the court and believing in himself again to lock down the paint the last six minutes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
my favorite comment from a ton of podcasts I listened to today came from Chris Ryan on the Ringer who said “It was the first I’ve heard one of these WIRED UP segments where I like... I felt like I was going to start crying/start doing push-ups.”

it’s my second favorite moment of the entire playoffs. Such an incredible vulnerable moment, Monty handling it PERFECTLY and then Ayton taking that advice out on the court and believing in himself again to lock down the paint the last six minutes.
It’s an incredible coaching job followed by exemplary follow through by a young talented player. Ayton’s willingness to listen to, and be lifted up by, Monty and then exert himself shows resilience. He’s learning in ways we often don’t get to see so up close.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
It’s an incredible coaching job followed by exemplary follow through by a young talented player. Ayton’s willingness to listen to, and be lifted up by, Monty and then exert himself shows resilience. He’s learning in ways we often don’t get to see so up close.
He looks more like a boxing manager in the corner between rounds than a basketball coach.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
we have the NBA COACH OF THE YEAR.

PERIOD.

amazing moment between Coach and player where we saw IMMEDIATE dividends at the most crucial moment of the game.

I mean... I just watched it five times in a row and was just pumping my fists.
Best moment of the NBA playoffs yet! I'll tell you one thing, if the Coach of the Year award wasn't just a regular season thing, Monty would have been unanimous.