Bucks @ Suns Saturday Finals game thread 7-17-2021 Game - Game 5

mjb21aztd

Reaction score
Next gm will show how true of a motivator monty is.... come on!!!!!!!!!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If they did, they sure didn't run it. Instead, Booker just forced a partial drive into a triple team...
You can argue it both ways. I think it was a long rebound and Book was pushing it. Even if Holiday doesn’t swarm it’s still probably a broken play though.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone else not going to be able to zzz ugh i know im not... my mind racin on next gm now

Jusr try everything in the book suns... keep close till 4th... maybe next gm

Stomach soooo nauseous ugh

For me I just feel numb. I'm resigned that we lost the series. I don't plan to watch game 6. Getting my hopes up and watching soul crushing losses is just too much.

I hope the players can somehow win game 6. If that happens, I'll get my hopes up again for game 7. But for now, its easier on my stress and anxiety to just let it go. This sucks

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Bucks scored 43 points in the 2nd quarter. That quarter lost us the game.

100% true.

Monty is a great players coach. The team run through a wall for him.

Unfortunately, all season he has had problems mismanaging timeouts and using the wrong lineups at the wrong times. We have gotten away with it quite a few times, but here in the finals it caught up with us.

The 16 point lead blown in 4 minutes with Booker on the bench.

No timeout when we had the ball down 1 and only seconds remaining.

Just heartbreaking

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The big dilemma for Game 6:

Chris Paul literally cannot lift or extend both of his arms to contest shots and passes. Whatever he can gut through on offense, the Suns are left playing 4 on 5 on defense. As soon as Budenholzer noticed that, along with Ayton playing so far off of Giannis, Budenholzer made the obvious adjustment, and the Suns had no answer defensively.

SO...knowing that the Suns are literally incapable of defending this Bucks team with this version of Chris Paul on the court, do they bench Paul, even though Payne has been pretty bad since hurting his ankle, while Point Book disrupts the flow of the offense (where Booker scores a ton, but also turns the ball over while his teammates just stand around and watch)?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
A couple points:

1. Monty, for his good qualities as a team chemistry guy, simply stinks as an in-game situational coach. Much like D'Antoni, he simply doesn't have a clue what to do when his Plan A isn't working. And I don't know where his fear of timeouts came from.

2. Ayton, after seemingly finally starting to get it earlier in the playoffs, has gone back to being a space cadet. Again, I question what kind of so-called coaching he is getting from Mark Bryant, or whether he just is unable to process it in a game situation. But I can rarely recall such a physically talented big man being so motivationally inconsistent and prone to fundamental errors that his physical ability simply cannot be used effectively. It is getting to be beyond frustrating watching him. Still, he is likely to get his big payday this off-season - which may not help that.

3. Bridges has probably cost himself some money with his disappearing acts.

4. I know Paul has probably been injured, but his performance this final series may indeed be giving the Suns second thoughts on extending him... or at least giving it deep consideration, where it seemed a certainty just a week ago.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiwiCard