Bucks or Hawks?

Bucks or Hawks? Who would you rather face?

• Bucks

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Hawks

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns biggest need in the offseason is a good back up big. Saric and Frank have been fine for stretches but neither have been good. Cousins really should how big of a hole it is...granted few teams have a back up of Cousins caliber, but damn, Saric got worked.

We should have brought Cousins (who is supposedly close with Booker) here when we had the chance, particularly since Galloway has been glued to the bench for pretty much the second half of the season and all of the playoffs and therefore has needlessly occupied a roster spot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns biggest need in the offseason is a good back up big. Saric and Frank have been fine for stretches but neither have been good. Cousins really should how big of a hole it is...granted few teams have a back up of Cousins caliber, but damn, Saric got worked.
But cousins wasn’t a hot commodity. We could’ve signed him and didn’t. I think we will upgrade that position this off-season.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the easier route would be the Bucks. Ain’t no way Giannis is coming back from that in the next few weeks. Trae Young’s injury didn’t look as serious so he could be back for the finals.

I don’t think either team can take us.. then again I thought we would make quick work of the Clippers also but we some how pulled out 3 wins that came down right to the final minute and could have gone the other way.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who would be guarding Trey Young? Id rather it not be Booker.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
But cousins wasn’t a hot commodity. We could’ve signed him and didn’t. I think we will upgrade that position this off-season.
Man I hope you're right. I expect there will be a lot of shaking up from teams that didn't gel this year. Maybe we could land a serviceable PF.
After we bring the Larry Obrien to its resting place for the next hmmmm 5 years? 10 years?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would be guarding Trey Young? Id rather it not be Booker.

Mikal. That would be the best bet. Trae is almost unguardable but longer and taller defenders like Bridges can bother him some.

CP3 on Neuter, Crowder on Collins, Ayton on Capella, and Book on whoever else is out there, Bogdonvich, most of the time.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
But you can plant young on bridges if he’s not going to take him down into the post like the suns hid nash on Bowen.
That's what I was thinking and if that happens than we would need Bridges to be much more aggressive than against the Clippers.

Regardless who we play I expect to see a much better offensive performance than we saw against the Clippers.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
But you can plant young on bridges if he’s not going to take him down into the post like the suns hid nash on Bowen.
That depends on Bridges. Bridges is much taller and longer, so he can shoot over Young from anywhere on the floor. If he is actually willing to shoot, especially from mid-range or around the paint, he should be able to score at will. Of course, we never know which version of Bridges we will get, so Atlanta might be able to get away with that.

OP
OP
JosiahLee

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the easier route would be the Bucks.

Trae Young’s injury didn’t look as serious so he could be back for the finals.

I don’t think either team can take us.. then again I thought we would make quick work of the Clippers also but we some how pulled out 3 wins that came down right to the final minute and could have gone the other wa
I think the easier route would be the Bucks. Ain’t no way Giannis is coming back from that in the next few weeks. Trae Young’s injury didn’t look as serious so he could be back for the finals.

I don’t think either team can take us.. then again I thought we would make quick work of the Clippers also but we some how pulled out 3 wins that came down right to the final minute and could have gone the other way.

You really think Giannis is done for the playoffs?

I think the Bucks could still present a challenge without him. They have good length with Lopez, Middleton & Porter on the floor.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As we saw from the Clippers series, I believe it is a mistake to conclude that the NBA Finals will be a cake walk regardless of who we play and who is out. That being said, I am still thinking that barring Paul, Booker or Ayton being out for an extended period of time, the Suns prevail, but in 7 games, not 4 or 5...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Dr. David Chao said on twitter that he thinks Giannis is done for weeks like Kawahi was. Either way...... It's a dog fight.

Jrue on Paul worries me a bit. And Mikal on Middleton seems like a wash. Connaughton on Book is a clear win for us.

Lopez scares the crap out of me though after last night.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You really think Giannis is done for the playoffs?

I think the Bucks could still present a challenge without him. They have good length with Lopez, Middleton & Porter on the floor.

I think so but then again I am just a electrical/mechanical engineer and not a doctor. It looked pretty bad to me. I don’t think either team will be a cake walk but a Giannis less Bucks seems easier than a full healthy Hawks team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dr. David Chao said on twitter that he thinks Giannis is done for weeks like Kawahi was. Either way...... It's a dog fight.
Jrue on Paul worries me a bit. And Mikal on Middleton seems like a wash. Connaughton on Book is a clear win for us.

Right, exactly! Young can't guard a chair, let alone Booker or Paul.

its going to constant switching to pick on Young. Whoever he’s guarding Booker, Paul or Payne there going to attack him.

the NBA is different now you can’t really hide a guy anymore. Look what we did to Porter jr

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

were 5-1 in our last 6 against The Bucks they play us tough but they don’t scare me even with Giannis

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

The good news is, his ACL is likely spared. The bad news is that he is unlikely to return the rest of this series or the playoffs, even if the Bucks advance. At a minimum, he has an articular cartilage/bone bruise and capsular sprain. He may even have a partial PCL and/or LCL injury. Even if he avoids surgery, his season and chance to play in the Finals is done.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
but who’s Young gonna guard?
Mikal. Or maybe Jae.

We definitely need to prioritize the development of wings that can dribble and/or score in the post (the Marcus Morris skillset).

Of course we will mercilessly hunt him on switches and then get him stuck in PnR with him guarding ball and Ayton picking and rolling HARD to the bucket.