Bucks at Suns 7pm FSN AZ HD

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
you may not be making up your stats, but they are wrong.

through today, yahoo sports and nba.com says that he has attempted 1,862 three pointers. that is too many, because he has only made 636, good for 34.2%. his highest single season total for percentage was 39.3% in 2001 when he only took 122 three's. he has taken 124 already this season. he is 3 happy, he needs to realize 3's are not his game.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good game offensively from the Suns. :) Defensively...bleh. :p

Playing only 1 quarter of defense (or less) isn't gonna cut it against good teams.

Great game from Boris. :) But can he on doing it?

I'm surprised D'Antoni played Banks again after the Jazz game.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
you may not be making up your stats, but they are wrong.

through today, yahoo sports and nba.com says that he has attempted 1,862 three pointers. that is too many, because he has only made 636, good for 34.2%. his highest single season total for percentage was 39.3% in 2001 when he only took 122 three's. he has taken 124 already this season. he is 3 happy, he needs to realize 3's are not his game.

Ah, now we're talking through today? You were not quoting numbers "through today" in the earlier post you used to prove your point.
The numbers you copied and posted were from this site: http://www.nba.com/suns/history/00826409.html
Again, at the top of that list of all-time leaders it says: "(heading into the 2005-2006 season)." Marion's stats for 05-06 were included so that number was wrong, off by 290. And that was my point.

I would agree that 3's are not Marion's "game" because his game includes a lot more than 3's. Still, his career % isn't bad at .342 when you look at Majerle's career .358. Nobody ranted about the 5-9 Shawn made in the Nuggets game (when he took the shots instead of worrying about his stats and being selfish). :)