Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And they post it up on Vanity Fair like its something we all want to see and know about. Its just strange...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I applaud Bruce for being what he has always felt was the real him/her. I work with a transgender person and it has opened my eyes to better understand that community.

I used to believe that it was a choice. I now know it is much more than that. I watched the interview by Sawyer and Bruce reveiled that he has struggled with this issue since he was 9 years old. That's a long time to keep you true self hidden.

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This crap is so far off my radar. Let him do whatever he please, just don't let it cost me anything or put it where it's impossible to avoid, like on ASFN.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This crap is so far off my radar. Let him do whatever he please, just don't let it cost me anything or put it where it's impossible to avoid, like on ASFN.

That's the nice thing about thread titles on ASFN.

If it is about something you are not interested in - do not open that thread.

#foolproof

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's the nice thing about thread titles on ASFN.

#foolproof

It's also the bad thing about thread titles, I was already subjected to the subject matter without opening the thread. But don't worry, I'll survive, lol

Last edited:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
:thumbup: Very courageous.

I'm fascinated by the name decision, too. You don't really think of a 65-year-old with that name. I wonder if that is a reflection of a belief that she is a new person entirely.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm perfectly cool with him doing what he wants to do.

That said I don't believe that the jenner/kardashian family is very genuine. I know they live in reality TV blah blah blah so what you see is what you get. But I know that they do things for publicity and to further their show. Even when he was asked if this was a stunt he had a sarcastic response. I think this could be a bit. But who knows. More power to him for it either way.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When was the last time you thought about Vanity Fair magazine? They just put out what will be their biggest volume month in memory. And why?
Because they know we can't look away from a car crash.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Because they know we can't look away from a car crash.

Like the embarrassment of every one of your posts?

As BIM said, that's the nice thing about thread titles on ASFN.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It saddens me to see some of the posts in this short thread. The lack of compassion some show people is really amazing. It is no wonder so many LGBT youths commit suicide. If you don’t why and want to make a joke instead, you just might be contributing to those deaths.

As for Caitlyn, I am glad she is finally able to be who she feels she is. Hopefully she lives the rest of her life happily ever after!

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
It saddens me to see some of the posts in this short thread. The lack of compassion some show people is really amazing. It is no wonder so many LGBT youths commit suicide. If you don’t why and want to make a joke instead, you just might be contributing to those deaths.

As for Caitlyn, I am glad she is finally able to be who she feels she is. Hopefully she lives the rest of her life happily ever after!

I agree. If this makes her happy then so be it. I really could not care much less what gender the former Bruce Jenner wants to be but it appears to be upsetting to a lot of people.
To steal from Jefferson: It neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket.

There also seems to be a number of people that resent the attention this is getting yet feel the need to talk about it.
:shrug:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All for doing what people feels makes them happy. Having said that....I really want that family to just go away. So sick of them.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I agree. If this makes her happy then so be it. I really could not care much less what gender the former Bruce Jenner wants to be but it appears to be upsetting to a lot of people.

There also seems to be a number of people that resent the attention this is getting yet feel the need to talk about it.
I've always liked Bruce Jenner. For me he always has been and always will be the most likeable member of that family. I respect his decision to change to what he wants to be and have no problem with it. I personally just don't like their show and feel like they deceive the public to get better ratings. But that's the world of television always has been I guess....

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I've always liked Bruce Jenner. For me he always has been and always will be the most likeable member of that family. I respect his decision to change to what he wants to be and have no problem with it. I personally just don't like their show and feel like they deceive the public to get better ratings. But that's the world of television always has been I guess....
Pretty much..

Acting is deception, film and TV are a forms of deception or artifice.

The name "reality TV" is a deception in and of itself.

The only real goal of any television property is to get ratings so they can charge for advertising. There is no accounting for what kind of vacuous content passes for entertainment to some people.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The definition of Irony, right?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Pretty much..

Acting is deception, film and TV are a forms of deception or artifice.

The name "reality TV" is a deception in and of itself.

The only real goal of any television property is to get ratings so they can charge for advertising. There is no accounting for what kind of vacuous content passes for entertainment to some people.

Excellent post. I love being entertained just not so much with the kardashians.

for whatever reason I still feel like there are so many people that believe everything they see on TV or other media outlets especially cable news and politics. It's all about ratings which generate the advertisement revenue as you say. and I wish people wouldn't take every single aspect so serious. People make money off of us by doing bits it's almost like highway robbery.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This shouldn't have surprised anyone. Family Guy nailed it 6 years ago...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson